Booster for housebound problems

Anyone else having problems getting the booster for the housebound?

I have a elderly relative housebound due to general health & dementia. Was not housebound for 1st & 2nd dose given back in Dec 2020 & Jan 2021 so well overdue for booster. Got initial generic message from NHS linked to web site that has no info about housebound. GP said that booster was nothing to do with them. Left it a week or so & phoned GP again. Said nurse was off sick. Phoned following week. Nurse still off sick, receptionist would ask doctor what was happening. Got call back same day saying either District Nurses or staff from Tssa Jowell would be doing housebound boosters in the next 2 weeks. After 3 weeks phoned again & told that had been scrapped & 2 doctors from the practice were going to do the jabs but they were waiting for further instructions from NHS/governement. That was a week ago.

I don't think this is limited to our GP. Seen a couple of similar stories in the press & on the BBC this morning.

I rang my GP surgery for my mum as she hadn?t heard anything either and she would have normally have been given her flu jab by now at home also .The surgery said it is been dealt with by The Tessa Jowell Medical Centre and they are doing flu and covid boosters together, but are having problems getting supplies of the covid vaccine and dont know when they will be able to get some .

I decided to take my mum to a walk in clinic for her covid vaccine yesterday because of this and it wasn?t easy ,so understand your dilemma .

After lots of phone calls and going into the GP surgery reception my housebound family member finally has a third booster jab booked for tomorrow. Somebody from the Covid vaccination place phoned this afternoon to say they will be coming along to give the vaccine. Overall this has been a poor service for elderly people compared to the roll-out for the over 50s etc.