Creepy stuff in Dulwich Village!1

apbremer

At 9pm last Tuesday that sinister photo car with the camera on a pole was parked outside Gails trying to catch someone stopping on a Zigzag line or similarly useless exercise. Who authorises these expensive Big Brother operations anyway? It seems to me that the Greatest Fun in all the world, bar none, is spending other peoples' money.

While I am at it, why are the roads full of dangerous unrepaired potholes which are ignored when there seem to be limitless funds for moving kerbs, new road islands and other grandiose and other hideously expensive schemes ?? Most of them seem to be removed the next year when the cretinous instigators realise how useless they are. For instance how much are we all paying for all the massive fiddling around at the Paxton roundabout where everything worked perfectly as it was?

Perhaps our elected representatives could elucidate?

Those camera cars make money for the council...if people are so stupid as to stop on zig-zags, then it's a good income stream.

I for one am also happy that these cars are operating late at night; maximising their revenue potential.

(What the council do with the money raised is an entirely difference matter...)

...er actually, you sometimes do get fined and then have to go through an intimidating, time consuming and potentially financially escalating appeal process top get your illegal ticket/fine overturned, with no apology...I know the car haters won't have it, but it happens quite a lot (me now 3 times).

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How is any of this "creepy'?

>

> Confuzzled muchly

Well, creepy can just mean something causes unease.

Some people get very uneasy about the prospect of surveillance.

The rest, potholes etc, doesn't strike me as creepy though - infuriating perhaps, but not creepy. However, I'm sure there are people who get creeped out by the prospect of horrible budget mismanagements etc.

Dont worry Kel, I was thinking the same thing. I clicked on this thread hoping it would be about the little square grave in the graveyard which was apparently a little old woman who sat on her doorstep, and couldn't be straightened out after she died, so was burid in a square box.

No idea if that's true, but that's what our primary school teacher told us.