London Bridge redevelopment

MiniViking

I know that there has been a few threads on the fun and games at London Bridge at the moment, but I have been trying to find out information on when (if ever...!) this is likely to improve and haven't been able to get very far.

Does anyone know if there are any specific dates/milestones coming up over the next few months/years as a result of which we are likely to see an improvement (such as the reinstatement of some of the platforms perhaps).

Or is there no particular prospect of significant improvement until the works are complete in 2018?

And, dare I even say it, is there even a realistic expectation that when the works are complete in 2018 things will be better than now (or better than before the redevelopment started)?

I'm not trying to start another thread of venting frustrations about the works (totally understandable though that is!). But instead was hoping to see if anyone has any specific insight about specific dates/milestones and their likely impact.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be very interested in hearing any informed opinions about this.

Thanks

Any milestones more than 3 months out can, in my experience, sadly be ignored - big long-run projects are notoriously difficult to track properly, particularly when public services are involved. It would certainly be nice to know what the current view of what the 'finished job' should look like, but any estimates as to the actual services which will run, their frequency, the length of trains etc. (which are what will actually define the customer experience) should be taken with buckets of salt. My guess is that we will be in some sort of stasis (nothing more being built, what's there is there) by 2019 (a year later than is currently being given as the end date), but that's just a cynic's guess.

I did find that presentation interesting actually. Actually gives a decent idea of what all the work we've suffered through over these years is leading to.

Though seeing the pictures of the old station did make me miss the old Victorian train shed a bit...