Someone to teach me how to ride a geared motorbike

CouldYouBenefit.

Please, I beg you, please if you are serious about riding a motorcycle, realise that you would be in charge of and responsible for not just yourself but everyone else you may come into contact with on the road. If someone goes into you, you can get badly hurt, if you go into someone, you can get badly hurt.

Seriously, you want just anyone to teach you how to ride a geared vehicle? I expect from the phrasing of your question you are already a scooter rider (and I know that there are as big as 850cc scooters on the road) so you may have some road sense, but I would still strongly advise you train with a professional. Off to Metropolis you go.

Ride safely fellow biker!

If he's riding a learner bike which will be a 125 then it doesn't require an expensive course to learn to ride that. The CBT is one day of training anyway. He can learn to ride in a car park, with some cones, and then do a CBT once confident handling the bike.

To the question - if you have been riding a scooter as the question suggests and your question is more about actually using the controls on a geared bike then fine, I can happily show you. But back to my question - do you have a bike? (as you ain't using mine!)

(Back in my day you just rode around until you got the hang of it......!)