Boiler Scrappage Scheme.

Drxyster

The Boiler Scrappage Scheme has just finished in England. I was fortunate enough and very grateful to get the ?400.00 allowance before the scheme ended on March 26, 2010. Good old Pete Bennison and his team did a lovely job.I noticed however, that the scheme has now started in Wales, as of April 6, 2010. The allowance in Wales for Scrappage is ?500.00, one hundred pounds more than the scheme for us living in poor old England. Any comments from the good people of the EDF.

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

>... Move to Wales why don't you

>

> Next ?

Woofy, Drxyster was asking for "any comments from the good people of the EDF". You are but a mad dog, so your comment doesn't count...

next...

*playfully ruffles mad dog's fur*

The Welsh pound is worth 20% less than the English pound,

or the plumbers have further to travel, possibly?

or there are less boilers needing replacement or

they had the same amount of money granted as England

going around fewer householders.

My final answer..........................................I haven't a clue and may I call a friend.

Welsh government* in spending english taxpayers money shocker

*see also Scotland

Still the electorate of these two places continue to deliver for Gordon et al so english money well spent as far as they're concerned.....

The price differential is interesting.

The Energy Saving Trust claim the England fund was not designed to pay for bolier replacement, but to raise awareness of the need for energy efficient boilers. They only had 125,000 vouchers in a market where there's 3.5m G class boilers.

You also needed to be well heeled, since apparently you had to pay for the installation first, and claim the cash back later.

That would make the bill around 50m, which is a helluva expensive ad campaign.

However, the Wales campaign has a different agenda - in Wales the target is 'people in fuel poverty' and initially the over 60s.

I guess the voucher reflects this different agenda: if you haven't got enough cash to heat your house to the point that you die of hypothermia, you're hardly likely to have much cash kicking around to pay for the price differential on the boiler installation.

Likewise in Wales you don't pay first and claim back, you actually give the voucher to the plumber in lieu of payment.