Sky discount

matthew123

I cancelled my Sky last month as it was too expensive with nothing to watch, although they took that as 31 days notice. The full works (HD, Movies, Sports, ESPN) was costing me ?67 p/m!

Yesterday I was feeling pretty pleased how after 2 days of not having Sky I was about to save ?130 over the next 2 months before I had it re-activated for start of the new Premiership campaign from mid August. So there I was browsing the web when the phone rang... ring ring ring... unknown number. So picked it up as you have to when you refuse to pay an extra ?2 p/m with Southern Electric just to view caller number. Anyway, I digress slightly, back to the story.

The caller was from Sky and so I took the verbal position of 'ok what do you want?' ... but before I could wrap up the call the caller said Sky want to offer me Sky at half price for next 12 months.. So I hesitated. The next thing I know I've agreed for what I had previously paid ?67 p/m to now paying ?34 p/m (exc EPSN). They also offered me the 1 Terabyte HD box for ?149 so took that as well (I'll use old box for free HD as have another satellite connection in different room).

Anyway I'd had Sky for 3+ years... so if anyone in similar boat you may wish to consider this way to cut your bill dramatically.. although no guarentees of course. (Btw had to pay ?15 to have Sky re-activated). You'd probably be offered some kind of discount if you merely threaten to cancel but not sure how much.

Anway that is my tip of the day following my success of tipping England to have drawn their first WC game :-S