east london line and HOP parking question

Huggers

HOP is zone 3 and you can use oyster. Nearest Zone 2 is Brockley.

I live on the street opposite the station and there is little parking on a morning unless you get there very early - since the opening of the overground there has been an increase in people parking in the surrounding streets. (i should say I have no vested interest in dissuading you from parking there as I dont have a car to park!)

travel before 730 and you can often get a seat

I could never find room to park even a v small car after about 8.15am, anywhere off HOP. When it's really busy you can always park on Honor Oak Rise. There's a gate at the end of HOR that leads into One Tree Hill. IF you can manage it, that leaves the very steep climb to the top of One Tree Hill then and a nice walk down to the station.

Alternatively if they would just open the gate into the cemetery from Brenchley Gardens, which I understand is at the site of an ancient stile that was a public footpath going back to the 19th century at least, people from the south of Nunhead could have a walk completely on the flat, enjoying the lovely panorama over Kent from Honor Oak Rec, on their short cut down to HOP station and the ELL.

Its great that ED residents are catching on to the benefits of the Overground though i do wish more people would consider accessing the station without needing to take parking spaces from us residents. I iive under 5 minutes walk from the station and am fed up of my once quiet street being full of noise and nowhere to park.

The problem of this influx of commuters will inevitably lead to parking permits so in the end everyone will suffer.

How can you get to HOP from ED without driving? Is there a bus route? I think that increased pressure on parking is an inevitable result of improved transport connections, unfortunately you can't have it both ways.

Saying that, I think the train from ED to London Bridge, followed by either a bus up Bishopsgate (or tube to Old St) is probably easier for residents at the other side of ED.

agreed re parking, but I was going in and out twice, making the journey four times, in one day and time was a premium.

It saved me oodles of time compared with peckham rye london bridge and tube.

The quicker it comes to Peckham Rye, which was promised yonks ago, the better.