Anywhere other than A&E for an urgent tetanus injection?

Dorothy

Oddly enough I was down at Kings A&E yesterday and had to have a tetanus. I reckon I waited somewhere between 2 and 2 1/2 hrs to be seen.

You could try calling the drop in place down in Peckham (the Lister Health Centre, 101 Peckham Road) to see if they can do them there 0203 049 8430. Then there are those pay for treatment centres dotted around the place, can't remember what they're called Medi something, you could probably pay to have one done. There is (or was) one at Waterloo Station. If not, just bite the bullet and go to A&E.

Thanks for replying. Well, I phoned A&E to get a sense of their wait times and they advised me to go to the walk-in GP Centre in Peckham (the one linked to by taper). All fine, quite smart actually, and was seen very quickly by a nurse practitioner. She gave me a prescription to be collected from the Day Lewis pharmacy attached. But pharmacy was closed between 2 and 3pm! And I also had to pay for the prescription which grates ever so slightly because, presumably, if I'd been seen at A&E or at my GP Surgery I wouldn't have had to pay. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I am a tiny bit annoyed about that. Just a tiny bit.

Ah yes, that is the Lister Centre I was referring to. Yes annoying to have had to pay, but it would have been a lot less expensive than a Medicentre had they been able to do the jab (thanks Damian H). Come to think of it though, although A&E was free for both the tetanus and two sets of antibiotics, GP's surgeries seem to charge for immunisations these days, at least mine does, I think..