Being Natural

womanofdulwich

No make up?

Or maybe really good make up?

Frizzy hair?

Or is it a comment on how you are a natural at something? E.g. you are a natural with children.

How about posting a photo of yourself (not unless there was a typo in your OP and it is what Loz said)?? I'm sure there are several forumites that will tell it how it is! ;-)

womanofdulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd say it was a compliment. E.g. you are not a

> two-faced old bat!- this is true- but why do

> people say it? am I naive and unsophisticated and

> everyonenelse is two faced? Surely not. I always

> think everyone is like me - but maybe they are

> really scoffing?? why else are they saying it?

womanofdulwich Wrote:

Well, assuming they are not being two-faced old bats themselves when saying you are "natural", I think that - in all probability - that is how they see you and wish you to know of their feelings. BUT, it could also be a way of them hiding their feeling(s) which could perhaps be stated as something like "I really like you" or "I like being with you" and so on. I hope I am making sense.

Laddy Muck Wrote:

> womanofdulwich Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I'd say it was a compliment. E.g. you are not a

> > two-faced old bat!- this is true- but why do

> > people say it? am I naive and unsophisticated

> and

> > everyonenelse is two faced? Surely not. I

> always

> > think everyone is like me - but maybe they are

> > really scoffing?? why else are they saying it?

>

> Well, assuming they are not being two-faced old

> bats themselves when saying you are "natural", I

> think that - in all probability - that is how they

> see you and wish you to know of their feelings.

> BUT, it could also be a way of them hiding their

> feeling(s) which could perhaps be stated as

> something like "I really like you" or "I like

> being with you" and so on. I hope I am making

> sense.

I think this is becoming a debate and not a game anymore lets bring the Europeans to have more fun

in the pitch. Everyone here are very good but not us good as I could of wish for

for my b....s.

womanofdulwich Wrote:

My guess is you don't wear a bra. Am I right?

Embarrassing to follow somebody who did a favour and did nothing wrong to disturb your private life

is not an excuse what you have post it here for the last 9 months trying to break a happy couple who

have been together for the last 16 years and we still don't find the reasons what has make you to do this

if they have not interrupt your private life instead they have choosen you for you to sell the propety to..

Many people have encourage us to report this issue as this was out of control but I have to do more to see your intensions about women in the area.

I was kind enough to let you know that could happen if this would of continuos but instead you been very

obsessive to get my answers now you have them so is not me but shame on all of you if the world is small so it is ED.

You have to give us a good reason why You did it and who told you to do this, how did you get all the private information you have from us. I will appreciate no more comments about myself as you not have the authority

to do it from now on.

I have gather enough information as you are aware non of you were allow by law to distress people in that manner all Bare in mind is not about the people I have to deal with in my private life but is about the

people who has interrupted and gather information about us wihtout our concern for the last 15 moths perhaps more.

And all this information was post in a public forum East Dulwich and SE23.com most of the threads has been deleted

or removed by Administration to protect your outrage behavior.

My husband and I are aware of this issue and thanks to him for his kind support because it has been very stressing for us for the last 15 months.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> womanofdulwich Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I'd say it was a compliment. E.g. you are not a

> > two-faced old bat!- this is true- but why do

> > people say it? am I naive and unsophisticated

> and

> > everyonenelse is two faced? Surely not. I

> always

> > think everyone is like me - but maybe they are

> > really scoffing?? why else are they saying it?

>

> My guess is you don't wear a bra. Am I right?

OMG

Good guess Alan.

D'ya recon she's got hairy armpits too ?

NETTE:-S

Everyone's being very nice - and if they weren't then I wouldn't be able to say this, but...

It sounds like a protest, a defence mechanism.

When you meet people do you say things like "Ooooh look at you , you big fat bitch, bet you like a Mars bar?"

People are being too black and white when they talk about being 'two-faced'. We all have a gap between the way we like to think about ourselves and the way we actually are. This gap is a very personal space, and within it we are at our most vulnerable.

Invading this space is nothing to be proud of, not only is it insensitive, but it's going to end up with a 'barrier' response that is usually a personal attack.

I suspect that 'You're very natural aren't you?' is actually an attempt to cut you down to size and dismiss you because you've unwittingly hurt someone.

If you don't like to hear it, then you need to try and be a little bit more sensitive to the 'gap' without losing what it is that makes you great :))

Well as other people have said Alan Medic, it's possible they're just commenting on her not wearing a bra.

I suspect that you're reading too much nastiness into my observation. You're seeing 'cutting down to size' as an aggresive external exercise.

I'm talking about using the phrase as a verbalisation of an internal 'check', a damage limitation exercise.

Have you ever been with people who suddenly go 'la la la' for no reason? Typically it's because they're verbalising an internal process - they're putting a 'full stop' at the end of a train of thought they'd like to terminate. Making a noise enables them to clear their thoughts.

That's what 'You're very natural' is - it's an external verbalisation of an internal process. It's clearly happening persistently to womanofdulwich, and frankly there's no other plausible explanation.

If you don't get that, it's entirely up to you.

I'm not going to get into discussing my body parts- people say "you're very natural" after a meeting- or when I have finished teaching a lesson ( training to teach TEFL).Thats all. Is it good? or is it a subtle swipe that I'm not as sophisticated as them? Maybe I'm reading too much into this- it's just not a phrase I have ever used. (?)