Troops home for Xmas

woodrot

there no getting away from is there ? constant news streams, death and dismemberment, bombs, carnage and guilt halfway across the world. The waste of life on both sides is sickening.Its always the ill educated unwashed squaddies who get it, whilst the officer class enjoy lazy afternoons back at the ranch, pausing only to order another patrol, another assualt, another slaughter.

If it were British cats that were being despatched to Afghanistan to slaughter Afghan cats, then there would be riots on the streets of ED

is it time for the troops to take affirmitive action,put down their weapons and put their officers on trial for their crimes against humanity.

discuss/

woodrot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I dont see the headlines full of reports of

> officers being maimed or killed. Usually just kids

> from the North. funny that.

It may be the papers you read and what the journalists wish to write about - it certainly isn't a true reflection of reality.

woodrot.

Sir, your ignorance know no bounds, and there would a lot of service personnel, both serving and retired who would get very pissed off at the frankly moronic and deeply disrespectful statement you have just made. Including me.

Sapper Elijah Bond, from 35 Engineer Regiment, Royal Engineers, aged 24 from St Austell - 08/12/11

Rifleman Sheldon Lee Jordan Steel, 5th Battalion The Rifles, aged 20 from Leeds - 27/11/11

Private Thomas Christopher Lake, 1st Battalion The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment, aged 29 from Watford - 20/11/11

Lieutenant David Boyce, 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, aged 25 from Welwyn Garden City, Herts - 17/11/11

Lance Corporal Richard Scanlon, 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, aged 31 from Rhymney, Gwent - 17/11/11

Those are the last five casualties in Afghanistan.

It would be decent of you to perhaps recognise the whole and absolute inaccuracy of this thread, the fact that you obviously have no experience as to the make-up or tasking of the Armed Forces of today, be a man and apologise.

I suspect you won't though. Mainly because you are an ill-informed twat.

acm - an "ill-educated" ex-soldier.

woodrot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How can the officer class sleep at night, knowing

> they send ill educated young men & women to their

> deaths & never question those orders ?

>

> Stiff upper lip and all that of course.

I slept very well, knowing I had some of the best motivated, most highly trained young men and women in the world around me.

As for questioning orders, it happens all the time, especially in the fluid situations when you find yourself in combat.

I can recall literally dozens of times I asked for clarification on orders given to me and deciding how the situation on the ground dictated I interpret them to best effect, it's what I got paid for.

The care and safety of those under our command is the paramount concern of any officer in the armed forces and it is a duty not taken lightly in any respect whatsoever.

Hope you have a great Christmas!