Lawn Bowls at Peckham Rye Park

ellekit

Having lived here for years, we've only just discovered the bowling green within Peckham Rye Park. It's only open from April to September so we we've missed most of the season, but does anyone know if there is a league? I've had a look online but can't find the answer.

• 4 months later...

I appreciate that this is an old message, but I have just seen it. I am not sure whether you are still looking for a club. I play bowls, but not in the Dulwich area. I do know there are several which I have mentioned below if that is of any help to you.

Dulwich Constitution Club.

Dulwich Park - as mentioned above.

Southwark Sports - at the back of Dulwich Park - next to the horse riding stables.

They are all good in there own way. The cheapest in Dulwich Park, the most competitive is Southwark Sports.

I hope that is of some help.

Bowls season starts around April. The clubs above all play in leagues etc.

I am 47 years old and have beeb bowling for 20 years I lov it.

Regards

Kimsi

• 1 year later...

Anyone wishing to learn, play or simply watch lawn bowls in stunning, secluded surroundings with a cheap bar, large clubhouse (brand new kitchen & toilets). We will make you very welcome.

Huge resurgence in the game due to it being social, fun, very retro and a bit bonkers!

please contact Martin: email - [email protected]

Southwark Sports Bowls & Social Club, Clubhouse, Dulwich Common, SE21 7EU (020 8693 0646)

***Free coaching and equipment***

Ps. When Kimsi says we are competitive, that's because we not only have lots of social friendly games but have teams in midweek and weekend leagues and enter the local competitions NOT because we take it overly seriously!!!