Midwife-led group antenatal course for spring babies 2016

Dear mums-to-be,

Are you expecting your baby end of May/June?

Are you looking for antenatal classes run by an experienced and practising midwife? A course to prepare you for labour, birth and early days with your baby and where you can meet other local parents expecting around your dates?

We are two midwives with many years of experience and for the last 4 years, we have been running midwife-led group antenatal courses in East Dulwich; these are informative but informal, research and experience-based, fun and dynamic, a space where you can have your questions answered from a non-judgmental point of view and meet a lovely group of other local expectant parents. The course content is as follows:

Wednesday April 13th 2016: process of labour, how labour unfolds

Wednesday April 20th 2016: coping strategies and medical pain relief options

Wednesday April 27th 2016: when birth does not go to plan, ventouse, forceps and elective or emergency c-section

Wednesday May 4th 2016: recovering from birth and life with a newborn baby, what to expect

Wednesday May 11th 2016: early days with baby, practicalities such as swaddling, bathing, nappies, soothing a crying baby

Wednesday May 18th 2016: feeding your newborn baby

Classes run over 6 consecutive Wednesdays from 7pm to 9pm. The venue is the private room at the Lordhsip Pub, 211 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich.

Getting to know the other couples in the group is very important, hence, during the course I organise two social events with the whole group, another one for partners only (very important!) and another when the course is over and a final reunion with parents and babies. After that, groups meet on a weekly basis, absolutely lovely!

The whole course, material and phone/email support throughout these weeks cost 240?, to pay upfront or in small installments, as it is more convenient for you.

If you were interested contact me for an informal chat at 07935435903, PM me or send me an email at [email protected]

For further details about the courses, contents, dates and FAQ please check my website at:

http://www.ariadnasole.com

Please read my previous posts and comments from previous attendees at http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1482443,1518716#msg-1518716 & http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1602567,1607946#msg-1607946

I also organise courses for second time parents, please check my website for dates and availability.

Looking forward to hearing from you, enjoy your bumps,

Ariadna Sole & Nicky Harris

www.ariadnasole.com

07598 293 625

• 2 weeks later...

I could not recommend Ariadna enough. We did the course with her in October 2015 and even before we started, she was very friendly and approachable via email and phone. She always was happy to answer any questions and concerns.

The course was perfect with enough information for labour and a great balance of detail to get you and your partner ready to look after your little one once they finally arrive. She was open and honest, always welcomed questions - no matter how silly or strange. She made the classes interactive so that we all got a chance to think, discuss and talk to each other. Importantly, she made sure we were all in contact with each other by the end of the course and that we had built a support network of new parents. This has been invaluable!

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently become a father for the first time and had the pleasure of attending Ariadna's antenatal class. I admit to being a bit typically male and moaning about it when my wife said she had booked the course, but she normally gets her own way and so one evening I found myself above a local pub with a group of strangers learning about babies.

To say it was an amazing learning experience in a warm and inclusive environment would be a massive understatement. I cant tell you how helpful the course was, from changing a nappy, to swaddling a baby, the drugs available to your wife, the different stages of childbirth, to caring for your baby. For example your baby's poo will be black as tar for the first couple of days, now if i hadn't been told about that I probably would have taken him to the hospital!! Ariadna is informative, keeps it fun and light hearted and lays on some great snacks. To boot this is all being held above a pub, so most of us had a couple of drinks whilst we were there and now have a solid group of friends. The fellas meet up, have a beer, talk about fatherhood (a little) and moan about their wives. The girls have a support group to talk to about everything they're going through, and are regularly out together.

I cannot recommend this course enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear parent-to-be,

There is one space left for this course above! If you are pregnant, looking for a midwife-led course and would like to know more about labour, birth and those early days with your baby while recovering, while getting to know other local mothers expecting around the same time, then this course is for you!

Drop me a line or call for an informal chat!

Enjoy your lovely bumps,

Ariadna Sole & Nicky Harris

http://www.ariadnasole.com

07598 293 625

Archived