Three year old coughing up foul green liquid

Can anyone offer advice on this.

My three year old has been poorly since Saturday and it's getting steadily worse.

Took her to GP yesterday. Said temperature had been up to 40 at times, that she had a barking cough, could hardly sleep. Also incredibly foul breath. And incredibly drooling.

He said common cold.

? She doesn't even have a runny nose.

Today she has been again very ill. No improvement. Calpol/neurofen does nothing to make her more comfy. And then tonight, about an hour ago, she coughed/puked up gross smelling greeny liquid. I don't think it came from her stomach (it doesn't look like bile) but cannot be sure. (She hasn't eaten anything much since Monday.)There was a lot of it. She needed bathing, clean pjs and sheets.

She is breathing fine and I'm controlling her temperature, and keeping a close eye on her.

Anything else I should be doing? And what is this green junk?

my daughter did this once when she had a really bad cold and was pretty ill and i just assumed it was mucous . But she only did it once and she was really quite ill. Was quite shocking but that seemed to be the peak of the illness- but she definitely had a cold

I would probably go to a&e just be sure. I think if temp stays high for more than 3 days it is definitely worth getting her checked out. Hopeflly won't be too much of a wait as she is so young.

susypx

Sounds a bit like tonsillitis / other bacterial throat infection.

My daughter had loads of these when younger. Smelly breath (although can get smelly breath from not eating for days) and drooling (as too painful to swallow).

Did the GP look at her throat / have a feel of her neck glands?

I don't know if this is correct but a GP once told me that if temp in children consistently doesn't come down with calpol / neurofen, it may be a bacterial infection.

Thank you everybody.

I spent the rest of that night dealing with 111 and then gp again in the morning. He gave antibiotics as by then her chest sounded infected.

She is much better today. Meanwhile her older sister and baby brother have cone down with it.

Thank you all. Very reassuring .