Questions about mothers' help

hoppermum

I have a 2yo and newborn and thinking of getting a mothers help when my husband goes back to work after paternity leave. I only want someone to help between tea time and bed-time (5-7) 3 or 4 days per week. Is it realistic to think I can find someone to work these hours? Also, how would it work in practical terms, what can I expect them to do?

In my head I want someone to entertain the toddler while I'm cooking dinner, help with bath time and take care of bsby while i put toddler to bed. Maybe straighten up living room (tidy away toys etc)

Sorry for the huge paragraphs..6 day old is cluster feeding and it's been a long day!!

(Ps please don't contact me to offer services)

Hi

Congratulations!

I had exactly this when my third was born. I had somebody to come in from about 4.30 - 6.30 a few days a week until I got on my feet. I found her via here - she was a lovely speech therapy student. It was summer so she basically played with the older two in the garden (age 3 and 4 at the time) whilst I fed the baby loads. She then did the big ones supper (I just had pasta & sauce, fishfingers etc in). I did baby bath and settled baby down to sleep whilst she bathed the older two and got them in the their pajamas and then I took back over at 6.30 - 7 for stories etc with the big ones. It was a lifesaver - it meant I got baby in a good, peaceful routine early on, and still got quality time with the older ones after he was in bed rather than being a shrieking wreck!

As I was in the house anyway I wasn't as fussed about somebody with r.g. nanny qualifications - just somebody hands on, fun and helpful.

I hope thats useful - PM me if you need any more info.

Mel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...