Secondary School Allocations 2014

These will be out in a few days. If you need some advice/assistance, see below:

SPA Secondary Transfer 2014

Post-Offer Advice Session

Would you like to discuss your child?s secondary school offer?

The School Preference Advisor is on hand to offer independent, impartial

support and advice to parents and carers concerning the school admissions

process.

Peckham One Stop Shop, Peckham Library, Ground Floor,

122 Peckham Hill Street, London, SE15 5JR.

Commencing: 5th ? 12th March 2014 (excluding Thursday

6th and the weekend.)

Time: 9:30am - 12:50pm and 1:50pm ? 3:30pm.

● The School Preference Adviser is part of Southwark Parent Partnership, an arms

length service funded by Southwark Council.

● 20 minute slots will be available on a first come first served basis.

● Please note this is a parent only event; There are no childcare facilities.

● Parents are asked to sign in on arrival and complete the SPA referral form before

the discussion begins.

Alternatively you can contact

Southwark Parent Partnership

Tel: 0207 525 5211 Email: [email protected]

(Telephone and email responses may be delayed during drop in dates.)

www.southwarkparentpartnership.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter: @SPASouthwark

Also you can always contact me for assistance, my contact deatils are below.

Good Luck Everybody,

Renata

Renata

Thanks so much for this. Much appreciated. Am I really the stupidest parent ever but can anyone remember how we actually find out? I seem to think I will get a text during 3/3 or is it an email. I know I registered for both.

Brain gone to mush. Friend said by post but that just seems daft

You will receive an email ... or at least that is how we heard the news 2 years ago. I am not sure what time of day it was as we waited until our daughter got back from school to even look for it. But it was definitely here by 4pm.

Hi Miacis, 5pm today, so you should be able to find out now! Also letters will be sent by post.

Good luck everybody!

Also see below

To all Southwark Councillors - sent on behalf of Councillor Dora Dixon-Fyle

Dear Colleague

I am pleased to be able to confirm that 94.4% of Southwark families have received a secondary school place of their preference for September 2014. Letters confirming these offers have been posted out to families today. 99% of our applicants applied online this year, they will be able to view their offers online from 5pm this evening.

Transition to secondary school is an anxious time for many families, particularly so for the 147 families that have not receive a school of their preference and have been allocated an alternative school. A personal email from the admissions team has been sent to these families today informing them that phone lines will be open up until 9pm this evening so that they can raise any queries or discuss their options directly with an admissions officer.

Secondary school admission - 2014 headlines

All data below relates to Southwark residents only and will be used to produce London-wide statistics that form the basis of the Pan London press release which is coordinated by London Councils and will be sent out at 5pm today.

All Southwark secondary school applicants have been offered a school place for September 2014

Greater preference satisfaction levels have been achieved across the process - 94% have received a place at a secondary school of preference

A total of 2,595 applications were received, 95 more applicants than last year. 99% of these applications were made online

1,592 (61.4% ) families received a first preference school a 2.7% increase on last year's figures 1,468 (58.7%)

2,448 (94.4%) received one of their preferences ? 1.4% increase on last year's figures

147 (5.7%) families without a preference and offered an alternative school, fewer than last year when there were 173 (6.9%)