Best way to London Bridge with pram

Hi I'm a new Mum & a bit clueless about public transport with a baby . I need to go into London Bridge next week and can't decide the best way to go with my pram.

Options seem to be no 40 bus or train.

Bus- I'm worried it'll be crowded and I won't get on with the pram

Train- is the slope at ED too steap to push it up?!

Any advice? I know I need to man up!;)

Totally understand! I have a 14 month old daughter, I was really worried about using public transport at first for all the same reasons, but once you get the hang of it all you realise it was really not worth worrying about. We now frequently use the bus, train and underground without even thinking about it!

The buses have 2 allocated spaces for wheelchairs/Prams/pushchairs, but there is only enough room for 2 so u might have to wait for the next bus,so allow extra time, but the driver will let u know. If there is space but the bus is crowded u can ask the driver to let u in by the other set of doors.

The slope at the station is fine, I remember there being a couple of steps, but they should be manageable. I have found that nearly all the time on public transport people are great and offer a hand!

When my daughter reached about 4 months I bought a fully reclining umbrella style pushchair, it's nice and small for the bus, I can carry it with my daughter in it up and down a few steps and I can even manage the escalators on the tube! Also great for being thrown about when going on holiday.

Good luck

Once you've done your first trip you'll be fine! Always choose the Jubilee line if you're going further as they have the best lifts. I can still remember the fear the first time I went anywhere with a baby though, we all have it.

V true re going on backwards! My first time on the ED- LB train a v kind mum who also had a buggy of her own to handle kindly helped me onto the train.

If you look for the disabled carriage there is more room for the buggy there. London Bridge became my favourite place to go with my first baby as it's so easy. Have fun!

There is always the overground option from overhill too depending on where in Dulwich you are. And def get off bus and train/ tube backwards. Hate seeing buggies coming off first always thing they are going to get jammed in the gap. Have fun.