Removal company

JulieW

Just moved - we used Harradines

competitive quote and covered everything we needed. Make sure you negotiate what you need and dont leave anything to chase or last minute in terms of request (including loft which we forgot! -they backed it but I brought the stuff down)

Have to say these guys were very good - absolutely BLITZED a completely unpacked house like ours in a matter of hours. I mean we did NOTHING ...so it can be done. obviously its ideal if you organise a little as they just shove things in a box (nicely) - even the breakables. I could see they really knew what they were doing and packed well. They will also undo do things but not necessarily put it all back together at the other end. They did our desk and beds which was fab.

There is some good advice on another thread on using these sorts of movers. At the end of the day its all about how much time you have and how big your property (or rather -in our case -how much cr%p you have!!).

There is something to be said for not just letting them get on with it. they are the first to complain you are getting in their way and then say "well you didnt tell us not to/to pack this or that here or there"! We have a lot of "misclnce" or "odds" boxes - not great when looking for things! :(

so having a good idea about labelling and briefing them would be my advice especially if your new house has a slightly different layout. Anyway got the job done and money well spent.

Good luck

One further shout out for Robert & Denny's - they are very similar to Harradines (both v local). They moved us the last time (about 4-5 years ago) ...we had more stuff and Harradines gave more comprehensive package in the end (in terms of packing and price) this time.

But last time the guys did really fabulously and very hardworking (same story - no packing done beforehand!). there was even an issue with our chain and even though they were out by 12 or so we didnt get our keys until about 4:30pm but they waited (there is a theoretical threat to take your stuff to storage overnight) and even 'threw in' a couple of extra unpackers to get the job done.

Was very happy with them. In fact - just as i was leaving my old house - saw them pull up to move in the new guys!

Have raved about Janusz of JT Enterprises on here many times but we moved with them a year ago and they were superb. Wherever we move to next we will be using them, their speed, expertise, calmness, courtesy and care was second to none and their pack/move service literally saved our sanity over a period of two days when we weren't even sure we would be exchanging or completing (ended up doing both on the same moving day, within a few hours). Excellent, excellent team.

Thank you zoal for the tips, we have decided to go with Harradines. As we have 2 young kids we are keen to get some extra help with the packing and just want as little stress as possible!! Getting excited now!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...