Jolie a Pied - rude and unhelpful

kate

Does anyone else find the lady in there unhelpful and rude? She didn't want to measure my daughters' feet and every time we picked up a shoe she was behind us putting it back perfectly. She was not keen to look for our size and so we tried on a few shoes and I just couldn't bring myself to buy any because she made us feel so unwelcome.

Anyone else experienced the same?

I went once, and never again. We got a very perfunctory measure of my son's feet, then we were simply waved towards the shelves of shoes. Then when we did attempt to try things on, we got the 'hovering but no help' experience too.

I was on the verge of complaining to the owners but then I couldn't be bothered as I wasn't going to go back anyway.

John Lewis early on a Saturday morning is the best in my view. I've tried EM a few times but she never seems to have much stock and I got tired to going back to hear every time "oh new stock is coming, hopefully soon...."

There seems to be a split personality: I've had very nice, friendly and helpful service for myself and my son on some occasions, on other (regardless of with or without child) occasions it was more like I was interrupting something more interesting and shouldn't be cluttering up the shop...

Go to Emmanuelle Marshall in Forest Hill/Sydenham. Dorothy is fab with the children. She will happily measure your children's feet and will distract the unwilling ones very well. Then she will find all the shoes she has in your child's size. She will find the ones that fit correctly and then let you choose, or not, anything you/your child likes. I can not recommend her highly enough. (My daughter was a nightmare with having her feet measured when little and vomited in shops because she would get in such a tiz about it - Dorothy changed all that). The shoes are reasonably priced too.

I find the people in that shop very unfriendly and particularly useless when it comes to children's shoes and measuring their feet! I asked about soft first walkers and was directed towards proper toddler shoes. Needless to say we didn't try on anything in there.

I too can recommend EM and gently elephant. Both know how to measure little feet and make sensible shoe recommendations.