Soft play without subscription?

Bali

Hi all, I have an 11 month old and am really interested in taking her to a soft play centre but wanted to know if any of you mummies have discovered one that you can pay per visit? Many of them (Gymboree, tumbletots) seem to require a 12 week membership.... I have tried Gymboree in ED but was a little put off by the fact that all the 'open play' sessions tended to be between 4-5 which is pretty late in the day and were also over run by very very active school age children. Maybe this was a one off but not ideal with a LO who is just starting to walk and spends a lot of the time crawling still. I guess my main questions are does anyone know of a non subscription/pay as you go soft play, or has anyone got great experiences from Gymboree and maybe I just got the wrong impression when I trialled it? Thanks in advance :)!

Have you tried jelly tots in Herne hill? It is lovely, the soft play area is small but perfect for little ones, we had our daughter's birthday party there this weekend. The cafe is lovely and the manager is really friendly, well worth the drive, free parking in neighbouring streets. Pay as you go.

Beckenham Spa, Rascals (Bellingham leisure centre), Peckham, and Gambardos have separate areas for little children and are all pay per play. Gambardos can be a bit overwhelming as it's very large and noisy. My favourites used to be Beckenham and Rascals when my children were younger.

Gymboree and tumbletots are proper 'classes' with sessions for different age groups rather than regular commercial soft play centres aren't they? I know Gymboree does have free play sessions but it also has age group sessions that you sign up to - activities and songs etc.

I did tumbletots with my children - they enjoyed it.

Otherwise yes - pickle mentions the other local options above. Beckenham spa is good as the cafe is within the soft play, and quiet in term time school hours.

I go to Gymboree (membership) with my 13month old and the classes are fab, he loves them and the content progresses and changes as the child develops. We have never actually made it to a free play session - also due to the times - agree 4-5pm is a bit late in the day for a younger child. Have long thought a soft play pay as you go + cafe option in ED or surrounding areas would go down well!

Yep jelly tots in Herne Hill is good. Other options that I find good for my 15 month old are tiny gym in Camberwell leisure centre, and bubbly bees which is on townley road. All payg. Bubbly bees is especially good for littlies.

Have a look on edtots for times.

Discovery Planet, upstairs at Surrey Quays shopping centre. Term time it's ?1.99 for a session any time between 10am and 12pm every week day. There's a baby/young ones area. Very easy, free parking, big Tesco, Boots etc in the shopping centre to pop into for any bits on your way out.

Thanks for all your comments we went to Jelly Tots this week and really enjoyed it. It is quite small but my lg really loved it especially the ball pit. Will definitely be trying out some of the other suggestions too :)