Bessemer grange primary school

We have been allocated bessemer and are very pleased. Our oldest is at preschool there and it's been great for him. A happy confident and thriving little boy. Was it one of your choices? the environmental space is good for a London school and the nature garden is a lovely resource; in terms of education and teaching methods I can't really offer an opinion yet...

Hi

My son is currently in Reception at Bessemer and my daughter is in the Nursery. We are so pleased with the school and i'd highly recommend it. Both children are flourishing there - both academically and personally. My son's reading and writing in particular has come on incredibly well in a short time.

The facilities are great and the staff are excellent. I particularly like how parents are involved - there are regular workshops so you can find out how you can support your child's learning, there are loads of opportunities to talk to staff/find out what the children are up to and they are really responsive to feedback.

It's a great, friendly school.

It's a lovely school - my kids are in years 1 and 3, so I have 4 years' experience of it now and it really is terrific. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I know I was desperate to find out more before my son started reception.

My daughter has been offered a place there for September 2016 and we're very happy. It was our first choice and by far the best school we visited on our endless tours. I've also had great feedback from old nursery friends of my daughter's who are there now. Delighted to read about your good experiences there too.

I don't have any uniform but there may be a secondhand uniform sale at the summer fair. The only official bits you really need are the sweatshirt and the bookbag (only available from school). Plain white polo shirts and navy trousers from Sainsbury's etc are fine. You can order Sainsbury's uniform online and get it delivered to the DKH store.

Yes i remember seeing some last year at the summer fair then - does anyone know when the summer fair is this year? thanks for the tip on the clothes too!

If anyone has any children who will be starting in September please feel free to drop me a message would love to try and meet up with anyone before it starts :)

V up for a meet up anothermother. Got a place a for our son this September and very happy this end too. Like Crystalball we loved the school when we looked around. Was really impressed by the head, the quality of the teaching we saw, and all the lovely space.

Sorry, a bit of a boring question, but we live down near the Rye, so just wondering whether parking vaguely near the school is a no go at drop off time...? Already thinking about routes!

The school strongly discourages parking on nearby roads at drop off and pick up, because the additional car traffic impacts on the safety of children walking to and from school. However, there is (or has been for the last 2 years at least) an agreement with the Dulwich Hamlet Football Club to use their parking lot (near the big Sainsbury's). It's less than a 5 minute walk to the school along Greendale.

The school also has a great team that can help you plan a sustainable journey to school. Many children and parents cycle, walk and scoot (yes...even from the far side of East Dulwich). Southwark Council can also help with planning a cycle journey, and providing cycle training, if you contact them directly.

kate h Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> V up for a meet up anothermother. Got a place a

> for our son this September and very happy this end

> too. Like Crystalball we loved the school when we

> looked around. Was really impressed by the head,

> the quality of the teaching we saw, and all the

> lovely space.

>

> Sorry, a bit of a boring question, but we live

> down near the Rye, so just wondering whether

> parking vaguely near the school is a no go at drop

> off time...? Already thinking about routes!

Hi,

Both my boys are at Bessemer Grange. The school has a lovely ethos and has been a great nurturing and learning environment for them.

We often bump into their friends on the walk to school and it is reassuring for me to get to know their friends and their parents. There are lots of opportunities to see the children having fun during the F@B (PTA) events, like the picnic and the ice cream fridays in the nature garden, the summer and winter fairs.

I hope that all those families who have been lucky to get a place come and join the welcome picnic, it is really great for the children to meet up so the first day isn't quite so nerve-wracking.

Congratulations!

Amy

A warm welcome to all families starting at Bessemer Grange in September 2016. We look forward to meeting and getting to know you.

Our PTA, Friends at Bessemer (F@B), will be holding a Welcome Picnic in the school's fantastic Nature Garden on 17th June at 11.45am. You will be able to meet new classmates, chat with other parents/carers and have the opportunity to swap contact details for Summer meet ups.

There will also be our annual Summer Fair on the 9th July where there will be lots of parents from F@B running activities to keep the children happy.

If you would like any further information(or would like to become part of our email mailing list) please send us an email to [email protected].

--------------------

Friends at Bessemer

Bessemer Grange Primary School

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @Bessemer_fab