Ideas for 4pm nursery pick up 2 days a week

Hi

I advertised for someone to pick up my 4yr old two days a week and recieved no response, do many other parents do this? Am thinking the 2-3 hrs a week might not be worth a child minders while. In which case can anyone advise how to fill this gap. Would au pairs consider this for extra pocket money do you think? Am interested to hear how others find help for just a few hours s week ? Thanks (nursery is villa but we live in ED)

Hello I sympathise. I struggled to find this kind of help too for 18 months and in the end got our own au pair. My experience was that childminders and other au pairs are busy at that time and others wanted more hours. I'd suggest childcare.co.uk. I did find a mother's help for sometime. I know there are some after school childminders but they may want more days a week? Connect with nursery parents and potentially share after nursery care? Ask the nursery if they have a childminder list? The elusive handy retiree or sixth former would be handy! Good luck

I think that it might be few factors of convenience. There may not be a lot of childminders or nannies with availability on broken days or times in your area. 3 hrs is minimum anyway. Try to ask some mums or nannies you see in playgrounds or playgroups - they may know someone that is available or maybe mum themselves want extra money. x

Hi the problem for a childminder is you are only allowed 3 children under the age of 5 at a time so your 2 hour slot would mean taking up a whole space for only 2 hours when you are so restricted on numbers you need to find longer time slots. You could ask at the nursery incase another family would want to do a nanny share if their child is already collected from there.