Friday baby and toddler drop in group - advice wanted :)

I'm considering setting up a baby and toddler group locally in East Dulwich but want some advice on what parents are looking for...

So I'm thinking I'd make it suitable for young babies to 3 yr olds, with a range of books and toys for free play and music playing, perhaps some sing-a-long.

I plan to do this to raise money for local charities, so was thinking of charging min. ?3 (less for unemployed/single parents).

Any ideas or feedback welcome as this is purely at the thought stage!

THANK YOU

Where would you hold this group? If in own home would need to check your house insurance and may need to register with the council as charging a fee?

If you are holding it in a hall - need to cost in hire charges.

There are a number of baby and toddler groups already in ED

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good. Somewhere parents/grandparents/carers can meet up if they want to. General toys, books, sand, painting (if you can clear up afterwards), couple of slides, ride ons, dollies, buggies, trains, cars, garage, toy kitchen.

You don't need to 'register' with the council. The fee you charge would cover the costs of hall/room hire so it's nothing to do with them. Most groups are run voluntarily but with councils closing down facilities due to government funding there is a need.

You might need to factor in somebody making tea/coffee, biscuits, doing song-time as that's extra on top of help with tidying up all the stuff.

Good luck!