Schools distances / catchment

Jamjars

Hi,

Thought this might be useful to post. Might be worth updating later for this years round.

Charter ED went to

1400m in 2016 (not on the common admissions form and far from being built).

850m went to 950m ish in 2017 (with 120 kids. It will be 180 this time but probably more popular as closer to being built?).

Charter Red post hill

2017 1000m ish

Charter Red Post Hill's reputation is well known. Having spoken to parents from lots of different schools the quality of teaching and learning at Charter ED seems outstanding, possibly due to having a good recruitment pool as teachers see the career potential of an expanding school.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi Jamjars

That's useful information (well maybe not useful as we are now playing the waiting game but certainly interesting) - Thanks.

I think you are right in that more people will have put it down as a first choice this year and all of the parents there that I have spoken to there seem very happy with it. I guess there is probably going to be quite a high number of siblings this year too as a two year age gap is quite common.

Anyway we shall see. March 1st not close enough to be getting 'nervous' as such just yet but it's always at the back of my mind, living around 900m away. Thanks for the information.