It's official: Goose Green Primary is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership & management

Now that the report from the latest Ofsted has gone out to all Goose Green parents, I've been given the Ok by the amazing, wonderful Headteacher, Sharron Marland, of Goose Green School to spread the word about the result of our latest inspection. The school scored good (the second highest score) in three of the four areas and outstanding (the top highest score)in terms of leadership & management. As the report says: 'Senior leaders, including governors, are talented and provide excellent role models. Morale is high and there is strong corporate responsibility and accountability with every member of staff clear about their responsibility for ensuring pupils have the best chances possible. Senior leaders know the strengths and weaknesses of the school exceptionally well because of regular monitoring which is sharply focused on pupils? specific needs.'

The report makes for wonderful reading - I am chuffed to bits about how beautifully the children and their behaviour was reported. My favorite quote is this one 'Pupils are polite and friendly while at the same time being sparky, confident and full of beans....Pupils take responsibility for each other?s well-being and understand that they make

a valuable contribution to the ethos of the school. Older pupils know that they have played an important role in the improvement of the school.'

Of course, there are still areas for improvement which the report points to. I'm confident the school will not be resting on it's laurels but will be working to make the school outstanding in all areas. As a governor, I am proud to be associated with this school and excited that I will be able to take part in the next stage of development/growth over the next several years. I've attached a copy of the report here.

Please come along and help us celebrate this great news at our summer fair on Saturday 7th July between 12 and 4! There will be facepainting, bouncy castles, food and drinks, lots of fun games and activities, the obligatory mini Olympics plus performances on stage including the new and very talented parents and staff choir!

HP

No surprise at all to those of us who have children at the school. We've been telling ED all of this for some time. Hooray for those parents who came, saw for themselves, applied for a place and were lucky enough to secure one, you can be confident that your child is going to a good and happy school.

Very proud to be a GG mum.

Thank you Renata, we know that the parents support the school and we appreciate the good wishes of the wider community. It is such a super achievement by the staff, children and parents. The PTA has previously posted describing this school as happy, vibrant, ambitious and on the up so we are pleased to see that reflected in the official assessment.

There is a school tour on Tuesday 3rd July, if you want your child to have a good education alongside happy polite hard working children then you had better come and have a look.

This is wonderful news! Despite the East Dulwich scepticism about GG, it was always clear to me when looking around the local schools that this one was special. Seriously proud of all the teachers and children at Goose Green whose achievements deserve this public recognition.

Really good to hear of the good work. I'm sure this is a real boost to the staff and also the parents who have actively got behind the school amd helped it on it's way. It's great to hear that your efforts have been so well directed and appreciated by those who make such public judgements. Onwards and upwards.....if it benefits the kids!!

crikes, 'new and very talented parent and teacher choir' - no pressure then, gulp.

the kids choir is definitely worth coming to hear, so, yes, all, please come and celebrate with us. we're well chuffed as you can probably imagine. the work of the wonderful and committed staff now also officially recognised. and proud of our great kids too.

Yes, looking forward to the carnival procession this year as always! Setting off from the school around 11:30am, down Oglander Road and then up Adys Road to arrive at Goose Green at 12pm. Hopefully the rain will hold off for all the activities and performances on the stage. Lots of great local stall holders and food stalls as well. Plenty of fun for the whole family.

The carnival was a fantastic end to another great year for GG, with our year on year rise is sats results, great ofsted report, the premises are looking good, we are feeling great. Looking forward to greeting even more lovely parents and children into the school in September. The last school tour saw parents looking for places in nursery, reception, years 1,2 and 4 all keen to secure the very best for their child in this ambitious, energetic school.

If anyone has put their name down on the waitlist and manages to secure a place over the Summer when the school itself is closed, please feel free to PM or email [email protected] with any questions you may have and we'll do our best to help.

GGPTA