Beauberry House

Been there a couple of times. Good on a balmy summer's eve (i.e. not today), out on the terrace. Food is well-prepared and tasty, if a little try-hard for the 'burbs. No real complaints though. Mrs Kford says the set lunch is a bargain, if you're planning a girly get-together.

On our visit, the food was good, the wine list excellent, but both food and wine were overpriced.

Also the decor inside is very wierd and frankly chav. Why take a beautiful interior and fit it out with Ikea lights and huge plasma TVs???

thanks for the advice - we had a hot date there last night and it wasn't bad. I'm amazed I haven't heard more about it, the grounds are amazing and it's got a really nice feel about it. food was ok, Mrs T had the dover sole with tempura, which was basically an assorted plate of deep fried stuff which was, truth be told, pretty grim but my steak was fantastic.

I'd definitely recommend it for a visit though.

I went a while ago on the toptable deal with Mr P. The food was pretty average, but the bar was lovely & the dirty martinis were above average. But the best part of all was when we asked them to book us a cab (we were a little outside ED then) & we ended up getting their vintage Bentley to take us home. It was stupidly expensive, but the driver was a really good sport & took us a long way home for the agreed fare. It really made the evening for me as I'm a tiny bit of a petrol head.