Women's refuge nearby?

Helen... was very specific about who she wanted her beauty products to go to. Aren't a refuge for women and refugees two different things? Someone in a refuge could be your ex next door neighbour.

I seem to remember a topic on this subject some time ago.

Some unfair comments here but yes, it's true we don't addresses of refuges listed here. In the past there have been a few posters who work in social services or nursing who have accepted items for local refuges and they are always very grateful. I used to donate things via my health visitor. I hope you find somewhere to donate them.

There is a national campaign called Give and Make Up: http://www.carolinehirons.com/p/give-and-makeup.html

They accept donations from all over the country and will redistribute them to women's refuges in need of products. I do a shoebox every Christmas for them - they'd be happy to take your stuff!

It's ok to send things that are opened or part-used, they will still pass them on as long as they are useable.

Hi I have donated all sorts of things to Bede House who run women's shelters in Southwark. They are lovely and their office is near Decathalon in Surrey Queys. They were very happy to accept donations of clothes, bedding, blankets, toys etc. Give them a call on 020 7237 3881.