'Liquorish' opens during the day for families!

Liquorish has just started opening during the day on weekdays to cater to parents and babies. I went today with my NCT group and found it to be a really chilled out place with good drinks, good food, and a baby friendly atmosphere (incl baby videos and toys on hand to entertain little ones). The new owner - it changed ownership last month after receiving poor hygene ratings - is himself a parent, and always open to suggestions for how to make the place as comfortable as possible for babies/parents. Check it out!

Yep, we were in there too this afternoon - just happened to be walking past and saw the sign outside. Very well done, owner seemed really enthusiastic and a nice friendly guy too. Nice selection of toys, kept my little boy entertained for long enough for Mr Pickle and I to enjoy a drink. Well done Liquorish!

Yes, great news for the mothers of the babies. However I think mightyroar has summed up its appeal quite succinctly when she said "I managed a whole hour of ignoring my child whilst talking to my adult friend. Result!" There's a great product Liquorish may be interested in dispensing from behind the bar, called Upspring Baby Milk Test Kit, available from amazon, which allows you to test your breast milk for alcohol on a rapid result strip before feeding. I fear though that with untended babies on the premises that the staff and other customers are going to take the brunt as thoughts of a quiet lunchtime go out the window. Good Luck

Milk Alcohol test kit

Interesting take on things there Superberry!

Firstly... from speaking to the owner of Liquorish, they weren't previously open during the day. So no established "non baby" clientele to annoy. In fact they're marketing the opening directly at Mums and children, that's the choice they've made, not one that's being forced on them by people with kids.

Secondly... why assume that the Mums in there are drinking alcohol? Or breastfeeding for that matter? Personally I had an orange juice as am feeding a small baby. Some of the other Mums in there at the time had significantly older children, so I doubt that the milk testing kit would be necessary.

Why am I not surprised that as soon as there's a positive thread regarding a nice new place for local Mums to go to there's someone posting negatives?!

Bubsy and I have been going the last couple of days and its great. Fantastic wooden train set and other toys. They have a new back garden too!

I have to say that the ethos of the place seems much more orientated towards whole leaf tea and trendy teapots, not the cocktails that they are known for at night.

We had lunch there yesterday, the best Caesar Salad I have ever had.

The only negative that I can see is there is no space for them to install a baby changer :( but there are secluded areas where you can do a quick change.

• 2 months later...

SuperBerry Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

"I managed a

> whole hour of ignoring my child whilst talking to

> my adult friend. Result!" There's a great product

> Liquorish may be interested in dispensing from

> behind the bar, called Upspring Baby Milk Test

> Kit, available from amazon, which allows you to

> test your breast milk for alcohol on a rapid

> result strip before feeding.

> Milk Alcohol test kit

Brilliant!!!>:D<

I agree whole heartedly with SuperBerry, there's nothing that makes my blood boil more than seeing mothers looking relaxed. If they aren't wearing a look of grim forbearance at all times then they either just don't love their children, or they could love them more if they weren't so selfish. Maybe we could force them to hand in their allowance at the Police Station between Mondays and Fridays?