Organic health warning

DPB52

Hello everyone

I am not resident in East Dulwich, though I have lived here previously, but I felt that the incident I am about to detail was so serious that people in the area should be made aware of it.

I was standing outside a shop waiting to go into Tandoori Nights last Wednesday evening at around 730pm. On seeing my dining companion come down the road I suddenly heard a shutter fall and felt someone charge into my back. I turned around and saw a small man glaring at me. As I stood there debating how to handle the situation - I was still trying to register the motive of the shove at the time, but in hindsight it was clearly both deliberate and incredibly aggressive - he began repeating 'Are you gonna do sumfin?? Are you gonna do sumfin?". Genuinely fearing I was about to be attacked in front of my companion (who was coming up the road and saw the whole incident) I turned away, which is when the individual asserted (and I quote):

'Don't stand outside my f*****g shop then you c**t".

Thankfully, and presumably on seeing me greet my companion and realizing I had just been standing outside waiting for her and meant no harm, he then carried on walking up Lordship Lane.

The incident left me shaken and wondering what in God's name had just happened. I was then astonished, and actually very amused despite the circumstances, to discover that I had not had the misfortune of choosing to stand outside a local drug dealer's house or scrap metal merchants (no offence to any of the latter who might be reading this) but had in fact been outside a local organic health food retailer - namely SMBS Foods. This person, presumably, was its owner or a senior partner in the enterprise (perhaps its marketing manager).

As I say, I was left genuinely shaken and would be surprised, having read some reviews of the place, if this was the first time it (or something comparably unpleasant) had happened - and amazed if something similiar didn't happen again in the future.

I am grateful that this incident did not escalate and please beware if standing anywhere near this shop even when closed. And make sure you know your produce as I fear for the safety of anyone who asks for some unstocked cardamom infused almond butter.