Bike hub Peckham Rye

sunbob

Hi, it's first come, first served on the parking. It opens early. The parking is overlooked during the day because there is a mechanic there but you still need to lock it up properly (obviously).

There are more bike stands behind McDonalds that always have space every time I look and more in the various approach roads. I spend time there from 8am occasionally, leafleting for the Bike Train, and there's always bike parking space.

You can hire Bromptons at the Bike Hub. I don't know how it's done exactly sorry but I do know it costs ?2.50 a day and the bikes are in lockers in the Bike Hub.

So many people have shown an interest in this thread that I feel I must add info about Brompton Bike Hire -- the link is here: https://www.bromptonbikehire.com

And you can borrow a bike for a day from Evans Cycles (nearest branch East Dulwich Lane)-- you need to leave your credit card and passport (or similar). Free. http://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/hire-a-bike-for-a-day-for-free/

Borrow a bike and ride it on the Bike Train: http://southwarkcyclists.org.uk/events/bike-train-to-central-london-5/

sunbob Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for all the info. Bike train sounds

> exciting. I followed the new blackfriars cycle

> lane from the 63 bus the other day. Wow!

I'd definitely recommend the Bike Train. It's a very nice pace and great to head up that way without being on busy roads, everyone is friendly and welcoming too. Also the cycle lane is great!

thanks Dirac, that's really nice to hear. I hope the Bike Train is fun. Fun and free

A big chunk of it is off-road and another big chunk is on the segregated cycle lanes from the Elephant and Castle that you can see from the 63 bus. There is a bit of road-sharing with motors but I'm old and I scare easily so not too much of that.

The map is here:

if you feel you'd like to give it a go, you can PM on the forum, text me on 07842 640 207 or just turn up.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've come across further info:

There's a mechanic here from 8.30am-6pm every weekday. The parking is open 5am to midnight. When I said that the parking might not be safe when the repairs bit was shut, the mechanic pointed me towards 5 CCTV cameras which he assured me were switched on and gave good pictures. The police came round regularly too, he said. When I was there (about 9am) there was still parking space in the Hub though there might be less outside the holidays

• 5 months later...
Resurrecting this thread as I was looking into cycle hub logistics, delighted to find out about bike train although I work in Wandsworth so not something I could do - if anyone thinks of starting one in that direction I'd be interested, definitely too nervous to attempt on my own for now.