A man in our back garden on Ryedale

kkoi

We've just randomly decided to check the door of our garden room was shut, and found a man in our garden, we back onto the cemetery and not sure where he came from but he seemed like he was going to someone else's garden. It's only 22:17 on a Sunday night and a lot of people are still up, so it seems like a strange time to burgle a house

Yes police came and checked the garden and the cemetery access up the road, also we told and spoke to all our neighbours so I guess we'll just be vigilant... But anyone on Ryedale on the cemetery wall might want to be extra careful as the person looked like they were garden hopping and scoping out the houses..

We've had burglars at the back of our house (also close to the cemetery) and we have put barbed wire up to protect some out buildings which the police encourage and say is biggest deterrent! Plus we have security lights, which switch on our garden with any significant movement, would also really recommend!

Thanks that's a good idea, he probably thought he'd look in our garden office, which is actually a kids playroom so they'd be gutted if they were caught in there as nothing at all of value, just paint, stickers and playdoh!

sells dog roses which could be trained to climb over walls as a prickly deterrent! Also blackberries!

Mahonia ( https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/details?plantid=1232 ) and holly also provide deterrents, - and are evergreen and have nice flowers (mahonia) and berries (both). They are good winter companions for roses and blackberries (both deciduous) and less invasive than blackberries.

Amended to add that some Mahonias are winter flowering - which can a be a bonus.

Our little Leftie friend should really keep up at the back.

The last Labour Government (probably THE last! hoho) extended the pernicious Yooman Rights legislation to include illegal activities. M'learned friends assure me that scratches and damage caused during such activities must be fully compensated by householders at a minimum rate of ?50 per inch for brambles (more if trained to attack) with higher payments for broken glass wounds brought about, for example, by window panes frustrating entry(these should ideally always be left open to avoid such incidents ). Household pets must be restrained~one individual was royally compensated having been savaged by a hamster. Householders are however allowed to defend themselves with a tea spoon but only with reasonable force, and should always offer intruders suitable non alcoholic light refreshments. Police should not be involved if the individual appears to be vulnerable in any way.

The last vestige of protection for occupants disappears if the burglar is a paid up member of NUNO, National Union of Night Operatives, allied to that much loved tribe of Luddite relics, RMT. If one of them breaks and enters you have no chance. Best to kill him and hide the body in the recycling bin.

P.O.U.S.theWonderCat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Firstly, I'm not a leftie. Secondly, before you

> start spouting ignorance about human rights, try

> actually reading the HRA or ECHR. It's not really

> that hard to engage brain, you know. Thirdly,

> don't give up the day job for the third rate

> comedy.

Well, with your comments about "Daily Fail or the Sun" you did come across as either a Leftie or even worse a bleeding heart LibDem. A lot of folk out there have had a bellyfull of politicos spouting on about HRA and ECHR.