Please clean up after your dogs!!

immyp

I know this post will annoy some people, and I apologise to anyone who finds it offensive, but I had to find somewhere to vent my anger at the amount of dog mess that is littering our pavements lately. Especially on Adys Road which is a busy 'thoroughfare' for school children. I'm sure most dog owners are respectable and decent enough to clean up after their dogs, but can those who think it's okay to let their dogs just s**t all over the pavements and leave it there, please clean it up! This is a nice neighbourhood and we should be able to walk the streets without dodging dog mess. It's bad enough that the foxes do their business willy nilly on the pavements as they're a law unto themselves. But dog owners are responsible for their dogs' actions, and there are enough parks and green spaces, usually with dog litter bins, so there's no excuse. Rant over.

I couldn't agree more. I think this is very antisocial behaviour and wish that all dog owners would respect their neighbourhoods and neighbours enough to clean up after their dogs. I imagine that the few errant dog owners that are doing this are also doing a big disservice to the majority of dog owners who are careful about cleaning up.

Yes, off lead, able to crap wherever,owner walks ahead pretending to not know dogs just had crap, that's the answer I get when I see it happen and shout.keep all dogs on lead on roads, pick their poo up. I've just got home and a lovely dog poo outside my gate. Even in goose green owners leave their dog poo, and I get p'd off when I stand in it, but even more p'd of when my own dog walks in it as she's busy playing ball. Lazy inconsiderate people , totally agree with your rant!!

Yes, had it last weekend on pavement outside my house and it had been walked (by passers by) all the way to the end of the block - in different colours, suggesting different dogs' poos.

Had to stop our kids walking on that pavement for the week to ensure it didn't ended up in our house.

I don't see many dogs without owners on our street so it must be dogs with owners I'd assume, so they need to keep their eyes peeled.

There's one guy near me who's Jack Russell is walked during evenings and I do find poos on same stretch (and I pick em up when I see them), who's nose I'll be rubbing in it if I find he's knowingly allowing it to happen. It takes seconds to use a doggy bag. I find (generalising I know) some older owners tend to have not moved over to the 'pick-up' brigade yet.

I find it (slightly) amusing that the post immediately adjacent to this (as I write) is one bemoaning the fact that cat owners must keep their cats in at night (because of the cat killer) rather than letting them out to defecate across ED. The poo problem is particularly mentioned, by the way, and is not my hyperbole. Dog faeces bad (yes, they are) but cat faeces OK, then?

Cats never poo on hard surfaces like pavements and I've never seen cat poo on a lawn either. They go on bare earth like flowerbeds and bury it afterwards (often rather inexpertly, admittedly). So not great for gardeners but you won't step in it.

Blimey, my cats are all old rescues and they queue outside the back door to get in to poo in the litter trays and go out again! I think it is because they'd spent so long on the streets, that it's a pleasure for them to do it in warm comfort!! I'm pleased as my neighbours don't have to moan about my cats, though very expensive for amount of cat litter. No it isn't nice when cats poo in gardens and they do like freshly dug soil, all I can suggest is keep a nice soft corner of soil in your own garden to encourage them to do it in their own, though easier said than done. Although it isn't pleasant as I find my neighbours cat poo's in mine, as I love doing my garden,I know you can't really control a cat as you can a dog, so yes both unpleasant however owners of dogs are with their dog so should know where they crap and pick it up. I realise I'm very lucky with my lot.

redjam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cats never poo on hard surfaces like pavements and

> I've never seen cat poo on a lawn either. They go

> on bare earth like flowerbeds and bury it

> afterwards (often rather inexpertly, admittedly).

> So not great for gardeners but you won't step in

> it.

I've seen cats crapping on my lawn, no attempt to hide it either...

Friern road between Goodrich and etherow is particularly bad.

I am pretty sure it is one irresponsible owner. Once again I picked up ten

'deposits' today. (I had loads of bags on me)

If this DNA thing can catch the culprits I'm all for it. It's just not

On.

Tiddles - thank you for picking up after someone else.

You are absolutely right - the situation between Goodrich and Etherow is disgusting. There's a new pile of crxp on the street practically every day. If it was an isolated occasion it wouldn't be too bad, but very single day is ridiculous, particularly with the number of kids on the street and the nearby school. It's evidently one person/dog. From what I've seen the 'trail' seems to start on Goodrich and continues up Friern on the left hand side. I live on Friern and am tempted to point a security video monitor to the street to try and ID the perpetrator. Not sure what I'd be able to do with any evidence though.

I've reported the matter to the council who acted quickly to add stencils to the footpath. Sadly it hasn't made any difference and the person continues with their incredibly antisocial behaviour.

tiddles Wrote:

> Friern road between Goodrich and etherow is

> particularly bad.

> I am pretty sure it is one irresponsible owner.

> Once again I picked up ten

> 'deposits' today. (I had loads of bags on me)

> If this DNA thing can catch the culprits I'm all

> for it. It's just not

> On.

An interesting solution...if information is given leading to a successful prosecution, the culprit is fined the ?1000 maximum which is used to give the informant a year's free council tax. Not sure how well it'd work (and how long before the first "snooper rage" killing case when someone sets on the person filming them) but credit for thinking outside the box: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39003283

I have seen an old gentleman with a dog , and he never cleans it up afterwards, I caught him one day right outside my house on goose green, and I demanded t know why he did not clean it up! he replied he has back problem, he can not possibly sit down to clean it up, and he left without cleaning it.

After a a few months I met him again near lordship lane , and this time I saw him struggling to pick up his house keys, sometimes there is a genuine problem. weather on the pavement or in the park.

mashcov Wrote:

> I have seen an old gentleman with a dog , and he

> never cleans it up afterwards, I caught him one

> day right outside my house on goose green, and I

> demanded t know why he did not clean it up! he

> replied he has back problem, he can not possibly

> sit down to clean it up, and he left without

> cleaning it.

>

> After a a few months I met him again near lordship

> lane , and this time I saw him struggling to pick

> up his house keys, sometimes there is a genuine

> problem. weather on the pavement or in the park.

If you see him again, or maybe he's on here, who knows, perhaps you could suggest one of these to him: http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/pets/handiscoop-easy-reach-poop-scoop-(online-only)?CAWELAID=120267720000002462&cm_mmc=PPC-_-Google-_-PLA-_-PLA+Dog+-+Dog+Training+-+Generic+-+Dog+Toilet+Training&ito=GAG34654684697&itc=GAC159923220621&itkw=nil&itaexid=&itawnw=search&itawmt=&itadvc=c&gclid=CL6NhoHgl9ICFecV0wod-vQGDg

tiddles Wrote:

> Friern road between Goodrich and etherow is

> particularly bad.

> I am pretty sure it is one irresponsible owner.

> Once again I picked up ten

> 'deposits' today. (I had loads of bags on me)

> If this DNA thing can catch the culprits I'm all

> for it. It's just not

> On.

I can confirm this - on certain days this road looks more like a minefield! A stinky one, but still. I cannot believe that people are so careless about their surroundings and environment. Disgusting!