peckham rye - adventure playground still shut!

This closed for refurb about 2 years ago, originallythe signs said it would be a few months. I called the council last July who said it should be done by Sept 08. Another 7 months have passed and no progress.

Does anyone have any idea why?

A notice announced that it would reopen on 29th January (I think). I sent my 11 year old and his friend off to celebrate/investigate. They came back disappointed - the new building is there, and there are activities of some sort (table tennis) inside there (or were on that day), but the actual grounds (surely the whole point of an "adventure playground"?)are taped off. The big wooden structures (swings, climbing frames etc) have not been rebuilt, although there was some new looking wood stacked up near them last time I went by. Looking forward to hearing any news any one else has about it.

There was a lone man putting posts in the ground round the edge of the playground yesterday, but certainly didn't look much much (if any) progress had been made on the large structures in the centre of the area. I noticed the sign advertising table tennis etc... hardly activities you'd expect to do at an "adventure" playground!

sadly this adventure playground was originally conceived for the deprived children of peckham and nunhead and hidden in the far corner of a run down park many years ago. As the liberal executive really do not see this or the smaller run down childrens play area as an issue or a vote winner they are happy to put very little effort in. However if say some well to do people with a slight visual problem with a derelict old swimming pool stick their hands in the air while showering love and affection on the liberal councillors, then the executive will rush out and spend 40+grand to get it bulldozed and filled in, not including all the money on surveys and reports. Do not expect much to happen until this side of the park starts to vote in the appropriate manner.....thank you