Man walking dog......

This is a bit random but has anyone else seen an old man walking a very large dog (possibly an english sheepdog) very slowly around Goose Green? He looks really frail (the man, not the dog) and just wondered whether he needed any help walking the dog. A dog that size must need a lot of walking and looking after. Anyone know who this man is?

Thanks!

They are very well known in the area and have lot`s of people looking out for both of them, He loves the dog to pieces and although they are both a bit slow getting around, the dog is a little faster than him! He is very stubborn but taking the dog out keeps him going even though the dog does get home before him at times.

• 4 weeks later...
I hadn't seen this pair for a while and was getting a little worried. However my son saw them last week on Crystal Palace road. They chatted and he confirmed that the dog was very old and as others have said the dog often walks ahead, but waits for him if he turns a corner.

hi I am the daughter of man walking dog.I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who looks-out for him and jed,its good to know that community spirit still exists and that there are decent people out there.