Bits of car pinched

pez

A while back a filthy swine stole the grill from my Golf's front bumper. I replaced it last week. Then yesterday, on North Cross Rd, an equally filthy swine stole my wing mirror. Did anyone see anyone doing this? Is car bit car crime something anyone else has had any experience of round these parts? It's very frustrating.

My neighbour had the spare wheel of his Citron stolen last year from the underneath of his car - it sits on a shelf under the boot accessible from underneath the back of the car. He hadn't fitted a locking bolt so someone relieved him of the wheel. To notice there is no locking bolt though you would have to look under the car to check, so the person who stole it knew what they wanted and how to check it's 'stealability'.

We had all 4 hubcaps stolen off our citron picasso car last august, the car was only 6 weeks old and I was really annoyed as had been really careful not to scratch them! Haven't bothered replacing as no doubt would get pinched again!

Hubcaps are all the rage lately. At the moment its quite common for them to be stolen as they have a high resale value. 4 Audi, Merc & BMW hub caps alone can make up to ?40 on eBay. This is a lot of money to the scally wags who pinch them.

We noticed that someone has tried (unsuccessfully, and thankfully without too much damage) to take the crome trim off our car a week or so ago, and our aerial disappeared just after we bought the car. A couple of years ago, ironically the night before we were due to trade it in for a new car, someone took our wing mirror covers and wheel trims.

Anything with a monetary value that's easy to remove is fair game unfortunately!

I had a lot of bits and pieces stolen from my Discovery when I moved into the area. I've also had four other cars stolen since then (one was stolen twice and another was never found). A few days ago, someone got into my brother's car and had a good rummage around.

Perhaps I've been particularly unlucky, but I dare not buy a decent motor around here now.

Had a couple of badges poorly removed from my car one night recently.

Obviously they were not pros, as they destroyed 1 trying to get it off.

They did leave me with some lovely scratches to the bodywork though...

Funnily enough i was very calm and pragmatic after 2 x full sets of hubcaps were nicked a few years ago, (just didn't bother to replace them,) but for some reason i feel particularly angry about someone damaging my car in trying unsuccessfully remove 2 little bits of plastic.