Vodafone coverage in SE22

lenster

I've been with Vodafone for over 12 years - you usually experience signal issues from the just past the plough then the harvester up to Forest hill and West Dulwich but often there is just enough of a signal to send a text message and if you're lucky to recieve anything back you might. Everywhere else is fine :)

I was on Vodafone, but the signal was terrible. I'd always have to stand in the middle of the road, or the end of the garden to be able to speak to anyone. Changed to O2 for this reason, and problem over.

I also had a Vodafone mobile dongle contract, but dumped it a few months ago owing to general uselessness of signal.

I'm at southern end of ED, as the land rises towards Overhill.

You are probably out of 'line-of-sight' of the Vod mast - that is a problem with ED - hills can cut signal - microwaves work best when there isn't intervening ground (i.e. hills) to dampen the signal. I always lose signal coming over the brow of Dog Kennel Hill, and again driving up Sydenham Hill.

Leafy trees don't help either, the moisture in them tends to block the signal a bit too (same reason why sky tv/sattelite signals don't like fog or rain), so any area with hills and trees is going to cause problems depending on where the masts are located.

I just had one of those online questionnaires when I was on my Vodafone website thing and marked them low for signal and personal customer care and they rang me and asked me why. Anyway during the call they told me there is to be a new mast around Lordship Lane (this may alreadynow be up) and also on Peckham Rye SE15 side (probably an old tree. Or the school, of course. Sorry, I meant 'Academy'!)