Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation
xxxx
Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Your Local Personal Trainer

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messagePost removal
Posted by Dee Woffaz 18 July, 2014 22:55

Hi can anyone tell me how I can remove a post that I replied to? Stupidly I answered a post giving my telephone number as contact details when someone wanted to borrow something. The post appears in search engines on the internet. I tried to edit the post & asked the moderators to delete the post but it is still available to search. My fault I know, however does anyone know how I can delete it?

messageRe: Post removal
Posted by Ginster 19 July, 2014 09:46

If you go back to it you should have an option underneath your message saying "edit post"

I just checked one I had put and the option was there.

Posted by Huguenot 27 July, 2014 03:56

Dee, if you have edited the post to take your number out, but it is still appearing in Google Search results, then you are seeing a version of the page that has been 'cached' (stored) by Google.

This is outside the control of the forum - you would need to contact Google directly. That might be quite a challenge.

If you leave it then Google will most likely eventually update their cache anyway.

Posted by LauraLou 18 December, 2014 12:19

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but you can ask Google to remove certain content using the links here:
[support.google.com]

Just pop in the url of the content you want removed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2014:12:18:12:20:18 by LauraLou.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum