Vote for Camberwell Green to get a makeover

Alan Dale

Does he still bake bread though?

Perhaps a barbecue bake off in the summer on Camberwell Green if the makeover get the go ahead.

Thence to the Silver Buckle for celebratory drinks!

In all fairness a nice gastro makeover for the Silver Buckle and replacing Somerfield with a lovely M&S Foodhall would achieve more than any park spruce by the council.

I did cast my vote for the green, but was actually quite torn when I looked at the short list.

Mayow park is very close to where I live, and is a nice little park (with a popular little playground), but very plain, and doesn't look very cared for.

Maryon Park in Charlton is near where I work, and is very interesting from a historical perspective.

Avery Hill Park has a lovely (I'm guessing victorian) winter garden (hothouse) with all sorts of tropical plants, that apparently needs repair.

Another that is not on the list, but that would definitely have gotten my vote for childhood memories would be the Hornimans Triangle. Always depresses me to go past there and see the empty paddling pool and battered old climbing frames! Although that helicoptor was the dogs dangglies when I was a kid.

Alan Dale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> not sure about removing the fence, I think the

> opposite idea is better as applied in Lettsom

> Gardens- Camberwell Grove's, members only, park.

>

> Put a really high fence around and charge ?10 for

> a key plus ?5 per year membership.

>

> I went to their bonfire night party and nobody was

> drunk, agressive or waving their genitals around.

> At least not while I was there..

Ah, you missed me then.

I got there late because I was on the piss and 'cos Len The Tinker nicked my key, I had to punch him in the head a few times to get it back.

The interpretive firework genital waving got mixed reviews however.

My Catherine Wheel was considered a triumph, my Roman Candle, though risque and not for a younger audience was appreciated for accuracy and energy.

My Rocket, though was generally judged to be a flop.

'A ridiculously ambitious climax, considering it followed the Roman Candle. This man needs to learn about pace' according to Clive James.

Ah well, there's always 2009.