Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk
xxxx
Glazer Delmar

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageWalking your kids to school
Posted by Paulo February 26, 10:21AM

For those who are able to, please consider walking your kids to school instead of driving. Especially on a bright dry morning like today.

Really unpleasant scenes at Goodrich this morning because of the volume of traffic and gridlock it caused.

The level of aggressive behaviour that some motorist displayed in front of children and parents is shameful.

messageRe: Walking your kids to school
Posted by bodsier March 09, 10:02PM

Bessemer has a temporary road closure scheme. It's a joy to Seeing the kids walking to school during school drop off and pick up. Perhaps it's worth consideration?

Posted by srisky March 10, 01:20PM

If the school admissions is through catchment then why would so many need to drive in the first place? (genuine question)

Posted by womanofdulwich March 10, 03:43PM

This puzzles me to. I've lived opposite a school for 25 years. In that time there's been a huge increase in driving to school. Is some of it from parents dropping children off on the way to work and back? When every minute counts?

Get Fit with GokaySponsored link
Posted by srisky March 10, 04:01PM

I did wonder that but would have thought the faff with car seats, parking etc would minimise any time gained?

Posted by goldilocks March 11, 09:12AM

Why do people walk their kids to school - assuming able bodied etc?

There will be some who need to go straight off to work after but for many it just seems that its a habit, that they're used to it and their mornings are tailored to it - ie if challenged they would say they don't have time to walk to school, whereas if walking / cycling / scooting was part of the routine they generally would. There are so few children locally who go to a school that isn't possible to get to without driving but it needs a shift in mindset away from 'why shouldn't I', to it being the norm not to drive.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum