Forum Sponsors

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

www.nannycentral.co.uk

https://urbanistarchitecture.co.uk/free-architect-consultation/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messagecan anyone recommed a local vet in the area (for cats)
Posted by hazelnunhead October 17, 09:46AM

I have been taking my cats to the Neighbourhood Vet which has now moved to Lordship Lane. However at a recent visit there, they charged me over 100 - 60 which related to medication for my cats conjunctivitis in one eye. I think I need to find a new vet!
I did a quick online search to find that the medication they had given me sold for a third of the price on any website. As the medication had already been opened and a dose of each medication given I had to pay for them.
I am very happy with the quality of vets and that service, and that fee is in line with what I expect to pay, however I feel like the prices are unnecessarily bumped up in this way. I have emailed (and phoned) them about this. But I think I need to find a vet that does not over-charge on any medications - would love to have some recommendations as I need to get my cats moved over to another practice.

messageRe: can anyone recommed a local vet in the area (for cats)
Posted by Lucyalexandra October 17, 10:44AM

I rate the vet on Norwood Road - Norwood Road Vet - highly.
I wouldn't say they are cheap but I would expect that one on Lordship Lane may have inflated prices, due to location (and probably rent!)

Posted by rupert45 October 17, 03:02PM

The London Cat Clinic

Veterinarian in London, England

Address: 82-86 Spa Rd, Bermondsey, London SE16 3QT
Hours
Open ⋅ Closes 8PM

Phone: 020 3740 1112

Posted by Pugwash October 17, 04:48PM

Highshore Road - we have used Ms. Robinson for over 15 years.

Posted by hazelnunhead October 17, 07:35PM

Thank you for recommendations - will look at all of these.

Posted by intexasatthe moment October 20, 08:49PM

Ellie at Norwood Rd is fantastic and worked out how to manange our female cat's overgrooming . I would recommend asking for her though there other equally lovely vets there .

We moved our cats there from The Neighbourhood Vets after rather patchy and unsuccesful care .

[www.norwoodrdveterinary.co.uk]

Posted by d walker October 21, 07:32PM

I too would highly recommend Ellie of Norwood Rd Vets, she is a real cat expert. The other vets there are also good but Ellie is exceptional. I think Neighbourhood Vet is very expensive hence stopped using them.

Posted by singalto October 27, 07:36AM

I have been going to Ellie for many, many years f. I certainly recommend her highly. And there is parking too by the side of the park. For out of hours, the London Animal hospital in Camberwell is brilliant.

Posted by Emski November 03, 10:31AM

We used to go to the Lordship Lane vet (now Medivet)up by the old Harvester when we had a cat and would rate them. They were v pragmatic at recommending which treatments/scans would actually be worth doing when cat got old/ill.

Posted by hazelnunhead November 05, 10:46AM

Thank you once again to everyone for giving recommendations and so much choice! As (bad) luck would have it, my cat managed to cut there paw quite badly last week (vet thinks glass) - and needed stitches / anaesthetic / more medication - so it was incredibly handy and used a vet listed here. Much appreciated.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum