We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.iyouall.com

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

http://avakitchens.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageSecondary School Entry Sept 2020
Posted by WorkingMummy March 02, 06:30PM

School allocations are out today.
Is anyone able to tell me quickly, if I need to do anything to get onto the waiting list for our first choice school? (Weíve been allocated our sixth choice.)
Many thanks.
WM

messageRe: Secondary School Entry Sept 2020
Posted by Monkey March 02, 07:29PM

I believe you are automatically placed on waiting list for all schools you placed higher up than the one you got offered. However, best to check with the council tomorrow. I certainly will! Good luck!

Posted by WorkingMummy March 02, 07:35PM

You too! Thanks Monkey!

Posted by Renata Hamvas March 03, 09:13AM

Hello WorkingMummy and Monkey. I am sorry to read you didn't receive the outcome you wished for for your child. To confirm your child does automatically get placed on the waiting list of all the higher preference schools to the one you have been offered. There usually starts to be some movement on waiting lists after 2-3 weeks and this occurs all the way through to September. Be aware that your child can move down as well as up the waiting list as late applicants, such as people moving into the area are merged onto the lists according to each individual school's over-subscription criteria. You can also request your child's name to be added to other schools you didn't initially apply as well. Southwark do this very quickly, but I know from previous years, Lewisham usually wait a month or so before updating lists.
Renata

--------------------
Cllr Renata Hamvas
Labour Councillor For Peckham Rye Ward
Renata.Hamvas@southwark.gov.uk

Ward Surgery
4th Thursday of each month (3rd in December), 6.30-7.30pm Nunhead Library, Gordon Rd SE15

Peckhamryelabour.blogspot.com

Posted by LI March 03, 02:20PM

Renata

Does a Lambeth resident also automatically get added to the waiting list of any higher preference Southwark schools that they didnít get into?

Posted by Renata Hamvas March 03, 04:25PM

Yes,Ali, they do.
Renata

Posted by Renata Hamvas March 04, 08:22PM

Dear all, this was circulated by Cabinet Member, Cllr Jasmine Ali,
Dear colleagues

Starting secondary school in September 2020

Great news on secondary school places for Southwark residents in the new academic year September 2020.

We have received a total of 2,947 on time secondary applications from Southwark families for the September 2020 intake and once again, we have been able to offer a secondary school place to every on time Southwark applicant. A total of 1,924 (65.3%) families received an offer at their first preference school Ė this is an increase of 5.8% compared to last year and the highest percentage and number offered since our records began in 2009.

All Southwark families that made an on time secondary school application for their child to join Year 7 in September have been notified of their school offer by email. Further information about the offer of a secondary school place including waiting lists, appeals and a list of frequently asked questions can be found on Southwark Councilís website at: [www.southwark.gov.uk]

Posted by Apollo4000 March 05, 10:10AM

Renata, we got a place at our 6th choice in a different borough over 2.2km away. Is priority given to Southwark families on the waitlists for Southwark schools?

Posted by Renata Hamvas March 05, 04:10PM

Hi Apollo, no there is no priority for pupils over one Borough over an other, itís a London wide system and allocations are done in relation to each schoolís allocation process.
Renata

Posted by Crokes March 06, 03:20PM

Renata - we didn't get any of our 6 preferences. I'd message you but your inbox is full, please could you make some space?

Posted by Renata Hamvas March 06, 10:02PM

Thanks Crokes, done. You can also email me on Renata.hamvas@southwark.gov.uk too.
Renata

--------------------
Cllr Renata Hamvas
Labour Councillor For Peckham Rye Ward
Renata.Hamvas@southwark.gov.uk

Ward Surgery
4th Thursday of each month (3rd in December), 6.30-7.30pm Nunhead Library, Gordon Rd SE15

Peckhamryelabour.blogspot.com

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum