Dr & Dentist recommendations

Hi all

Myself and my wife moved to East Dulwich in January and are only now geting round to registering with local practitioners in the area. We live at the top end of Lordship Lane, close to the library.

I'm looking for advice on the best NHS dentist and Doctor to register with.

Any pointers would be really appreciated.

thanks

Bryan

I think the Gardens Surgery must be the best of a bad bunch; they are never on time (the shortest time waiting was 10 minutes and the longest time I have been waiting was 45 mins). Dr Addo is very good, the others are questionable.

There is a dentist near the Gardens Surgery and they are on the NHS.

28 years with Forest Hill Group Practice; majority women GPs. Very Good. Recommended originally by previous GP in Lewisham.

28 years with Dentist PM Frost, now semi retired, recently sold the practice to 'Birchwood' next to 'The Gardens' so far so good.

Strawbs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The dentist on the corner of Lordship Lane and

> townley road is the one I use and they are very

> good. Gardens surgery is a good doctors, avoid

> dulwich medical centre like the plague!!

>

> ps. welcome. x

That practice has recently been sold off. It is now owned and run by different people.

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> Is DMC better now ? It's my nearest but I haven't

> joined due to the bad reports .

Im at the Gardens but my partner is at DMC and from what I hear it is still pretty diabolical!

Strawbs Wrote:

> The dentist on the corner of Lordship Lane and

> townley road is the one I use and they are very

> good. Gardens surgery is a good doctors, avoid

> dulwich medical centre like the plague!!

>

> ps. welcome. x

Its Shane Curran's practice. Very good and a modern well equipped practice..

• 1 month later...

Avoid the Forest hill road surgery like the plague.

You never get to see the same doctor twice.

It seems to be staffed primarily by locums.

Quickest I've got an appointment is 3 days after the request.

Generally have to wait 30 mins in the surgery.

Doctors / nurses of inspire varying levels of confidence.

And, contrary to nhs guidelines they have an 0844 phone number (as if GP's don't get paid enough as it is)

I disagree with the comments about Forest Hill Road Group Practice. I've been with them for over 30 years and have always been really happy with the service I've received. Since being diagnosed with a very serious illness almost two years ago, the practice has been brilliant. I've always been seen the same day when I've needed it, and have only seen a locum once (who was just as excellent as the other doctors in the practice). I've always been able to see my preferred doctor if I book ahead for non urgent appointments. Without exception, all the staff have been kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. I've often had to sit for a while in the waiting room, but if this means that someone with more pressing needs than me is getting attention that they need, then I don't have a problem with that at all, and I certainly wouldn't be concerned by a 30 minute wait.