We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://avakitchens.co.uk

All Round Renovation

www.stevenvaughan.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageNeed new frame for sash window
Posted by jackjack 31 May, 2017 11:31

Hi - any recommendations on the forum for someone to repair/ replace a rotten wooden sash window? Thanks!

messageRe: Need new frame for sash window
Posted by hejhejhej 01 June, 2017 10:17

I've just had a guy called Zhivko Kovachev in to repair two original Victorian sash windows that had been neglected for many years. He did an amazing job stripping them back to the wood, repairing them, sorting out the sashes, adding draft proofing, replacing cracked glass etc and repainting. He's extremely conscientious, hard-working, trustworthy and friendly (not to mention reasonably-priced). I can't recommend him highly enough.
Contact him via woodrenovate@gmail.com or 07897 308069

Posted by CPlady 07 June, 2017 10:34

we used the sash guy for a couple of jobs large and small and he did a great job. highly reccommend him. his web is www.thesashguy.co.uk and his number 07701095993.

Posted by woodworker 07 June, 2017 12:05

I strongly recommend Crown Joinery in East Dulwich SE22, They have a proper workshop, excellent skills and can do any bespoke work from scratch in hardwood and also softwood.
www.crown-joinery.co.uk 020 86 93 78 98, the best around dulwich area.

Posted by steven57 10 June, 2017 22:06

Yes indeed "Woodworker" Crown joinery its above standards. high skills and finish are fabulous. We had work done with them.
Cant see how repairing sash windows as i read on this forum it worth doing, as in couple of months they start to crack again on the joints, best option its always make them new and in hardwood if possible. Are the great "refurbishment" guys be back to repair them again when they start open cracks? What is it the warranty on that kind of repairs? its difficult to believe in some posts about repairing windows or doors!

Posted by stagbucarpruspe May 21, 01:43PM

Hi, it depends on your location. I mean there are a lot of them, but they cannot come to your house. Why would you like to change them? I mean you can repair it. Old windows always look good if you take care of them. I moved into an old house and wanted to repair it but at the same time to keep the old style. So I just called some experts in tempered glass scratch removal. They came and repaired my windows' glasses, 'cause they had some deep scratches and even were cracked. After that, they gave me some tips on what to buy for keeping the wood of them and this is. I have very beautiful windows.

Posted by ianr May 22, 01:43PM

stagbucarpruspe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, it depends on your location. I mean there are
> a lot of them, but they cannot come to your house.
> Why would you like to change them? I mean you can
> repair it. Old windows always look good if you
> take care of them. I moved into an old house and
> wanted to repair it but at the same time to keep
> the old style. So I just called some experts in
> tempered glass scratch removal. They came and
> repaired my windows' glasses, 'cause they had some
> deep scratches and even were cracked. After that,
> they gave me some tips on what to buy for keeping
> the wood of them and this is. I have very
> beautiful windows.

Admin, note the payload, the backlink to [www.unscratchthesurface.com] , providers of services from CA to NY. I'd expect others in due course, probably as edits to previous posts from this user id. I'd recommend deletion of the account. Deletion just of posts, two apparently so far, clearly doesn't discourage them.

Anyone interested can see the poster at work elsewhere by searching "stagbucarpruspe forum". Some of the instances here under other names are probably them too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 22, 03:12pm by ianr.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum