Private clinic for flu jabs in East Dulwich area?

Boots normally offer them, but unprecedented take-up (can't think why) has led to shortages and suspension of their service. I suspect if you wait a bit they will become available again. Anyone in a vulnerable (age/ underlying condition/ caring responsibility) category should have been offered one through the NHS.

Flu jabs can lose their efficacy over time, so having them in November (before the hardest hitting time) coukd actually be a benefit. Social distancing and masks are likely to keep down infection rates anyway. Superdrug has a booking facility for the branches offering vaccinations. Streatham is nearest. Good luck

Flu jabs can lose their efficacy over time

However, they also take 1-2 weeks to become fully effective - so you do need to get the timing right. 'December to March' is seen as the season, although it can start as early as October.https://www.bupa.co.uk/health-information/childrens-health/flu#:~:text=Seasonal%20flu%20(influenza)%20is%20an,and%20as%20late%20as%20May.

However it is to be hoped that mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing may reduce the incidence - so it's an ill wind...

There's a private clinic in herne Hill but they have a waiting list and don't have stock until November. I've booked my 15 year old appointment at Tescos Surrey quays nearest one offering 12-15 years flu jabs costs ?9, pounds and you have to book online, waiting list is now 3 weeks

• 2 weeks later...