Forum Sponsors

www.littleloud.org

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.hensonsecurity.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
messageRe: April 9th Public Hearing on Bassano Street garages to be demolished for new housing
Posted by gerry March 28, 10:54PM

The letter from the council about this consultation just came to us today. Did anyone else get theirs?

messageRe: April 9th Public Hearing on Bassano Street garages to be demolished for new housing
Posted by Cora March 29, 09:26AM

Yes we got ours yesterday.

Posted by geh March 30, 09:24AM

I have been in somewhat painful correspondence with Southwark over the lack of interest in forming a project group for this redevelopment. Apparently 4 'households' registered interest, less than the required 5 people.

If you did register interest please let me know, whilst Southwark have not indicated they will form a group I would like to press them if there was sufficient interest.

thanks

geh

messageRe: Bassano Street garages to be demolished for new housing
Posted by peckman March 30, 09:23PM

Consult about what ? If is was private land it would be built by now . If there aren't any planning issues what are they consulting on? Do you want it ? ... no I live next door. No I dont? Dont get me wrong we have council land next to us which i would be fighting for eedevelionent if it happens but it's a planning issue

Posted by Sally Eva March 31, 08:27AM

there are probably secondary things like brick colour and layout which are influenceable by local opinion.

The council is influenced by public concerns ie a shortage of public housing and a tidal wave of homelessness. Serious local concerns about safety etc could influence it the other way.

Posted by gerry April 04, 02:46PM

I would be interested in forming a planning group.

Posted by gerry April 04, 02:48PM

I would be interested in forming a planning group if we have anough listed here on the forum. Not sure how they can say there isnít enough interest.

Posted by Cora April 08, 04:51PM

can you confirm the date and time of this week's meeting

Thanks

Posted by gerry April 09, 12:51AM

Tonight, Tuesday, 9th April from 4-7 at the Dulwich Library.

Posted by forestwolves April 09, 06:19PM

I own a flat directly opposite the garages and have just inspected the drawings at Dulwich library. They are proposing 4 town houses, in line with the upper level of the Church building, no provision for parking, with large windows looking into my property. Seems a bit much that they need to go from a single story structure - ie garage's with flat roof's, to a 3 storey structure. I'll oppose this on the basis of, a 3 storey will effect my light, no provision for parking on a plot of land that is fairly sizable, and large windows effecting my privacy. I hope others on Bassano Street also object when the planning is proposed. However... Southwark Council, hiring architects to provide drawings, to be presented to Southwark Council planning department.. where's the conflict of interest there?

Posted by andyjake April 09, 07:26PM

The planning guy said that if there are 5 objections this triggers a review and reassessment.

Posted by alice April 09, 09:13PM

Its a great use of space and will be passed.

Posted by Boddle April 09, 09:24PM

Thanks Gerry. also a resident but unfortunately with work and two toddlers unable to get to the meeting. Do you happen to know where we can see the plans online?

messageBassano Street Development Update
Posted by gerry April 10, 01:14AM

See planning.southwark.gov.uk/online-applications. The deadline is 3rd August for comments. Open the important dates section for more information.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was july 11, 11:32pm by gerry.

Posted by edbloke April 10, 07:51AM

Just reviewed consultation boards.
3bed terraced houses on a side street in East Dulwich without dedicated off-street parking...thatís what this area is almost entirely made up of.
The boards only show scale of buildings, not their proposed design, so concerns about window sizes are misplaced.
Anyone objecting to this is wasting their time.
There is nothing controversial here.

messageRe: Bassano Street Development Update
Posted by gerry July 11, 11:31PM

Consultation now live online.

Posted by gerry July 12, 01:45AM

T[planning.southwark.gov.uk]
This is the link to the latest consultation

Posted by Cora July 12, 09:24PM

I am really disappointed by the design of these which are very different from what was shown at the consultations. The second floor level is ugly and not at all in keeping with the buildings around. I was also assured that the idea was for the brickwork to blend in with the buildings nearby. I will be opposing the design.

messageRe: Update on Bassano Street garages to be demolished for new housing
Posted by Jim1234 July 13, 07:39AM

The design is horrible but we need homes. My criticism is why build such small houses when you could fit in a tower block and house hundreds.

messageRe: Update on Bassano Street garages to be demolished for new housing
Posted by gerry July 15, 07:51PM

Letters came out today, deadline now 4th August to make comments online

messageRe: Deadline of 4th August on Bassano Street garages to be demolished for new housing
Posted by gerry July 24, 05:36PM

Any objections must be made before 4th August. Has anyone received their letters from the council?

messageRe: Deadline of 4th August on Bassano Street garages to be demolished for new housing
Posted by alice July 24, 05:54PM

The design is exactly like lots of modern private and social housing is.
Good job

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was july 24, 09:20pm by alice.

Posted by fishbiscuits July 25, 09:40AM

They look OK to me. Aesthetically I really do not like the sections of red brick next to the windows, but I guess that's just my personal taste. The fundamental design and materials look consistent with lots of other modern housing. I've never really understood the argument that new-builds should be "in keeping", do we really want mock-period architecture? I certainly don't!

I would like to see provisions for kerbside electric car charging considered for new build houses. Maybe a couple of pop-out outlets out the front (if such a thing exists!). The chances are that a family buying a fairly expensive house (850K?) are going to own a car, or at least be considering it.

Posted by Boddle July 25, 01:08PM

Sorry if I'm being a twit- how do I see the actual plans? clicking on the options in this link just seems to send me round in circles....T[planning.southwark.gov.uk]

Posted by Cora July 26, 11:23AM

It's social housing so they won't be buying it....

Boddle they don't make it easy but the plans are there with multiple images - click the related documents tab.

My point on aesthetics is not that they have to be the same as those around them but 'in keeping' which I think the consultation ones were but now they have changed them, presumably to save money, in particular on the second floor...so for people living opposite not only do they have their light replaced by a building but by a pretty ugly one....buildings hang around for years surely we can expect them to be designed in a way that is carefully thought out aesthetically as well as practically.

For the first time in my experience they are saying that comments can only be made via the link. They are not offering an email address for comments or saying that letters will be accepted....in my opinion this is discriminatory.

These links are not easy, especially if you are not used to using computers (see Boddle's comments) and if they really wanted people to engage then they would find better ways to genuinely have a dialogue.

Posted by Cora July 26, 12:01PM

I have just checked and to confirm Southwark Planning prefer you to comment by the link above but if you know people who would prefer to write or email comments then they can still be sent to the main planning email address quoting the planning reference (19/AP/1861) and their name and address. If they don't want their name and address made public then they just need to include a line saying 'please ensure my name and address are removed before putting my comments online'. Landlords and tenants can make comments.

planning.enquiries@southwark.gov.uk

Address:

Planning Department
Southwark Council
160 Tooley Street
London
SE1P 5LX

Posted by gerry July 31, 07:43PM

Thank you Cora. We have sent ours in so I hope others will do the same if they want to submit comments more than the allotted 2000 characters. Issues of density, amenity and possible noise and being overlooked are all suggested comments if anyone would like to object.

Posted by Cora September 23, 08:20PM

Planning application going to Planning Committee for those that wish to attend:

I refer to the above application on which you have submitted comments. It will be considered by the Council's Planning Sub-committee A which meets on 1 October, 2019 18:30 Council Offices, 160 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QH

Recommended decision:Grant permission

My report on the application can be seen on the Councilís website. You will find it in the list of documents for this application on the Register of Planning Applications. You can search the register at[planning.southwark.gov.uk] as well as viewing the agenda of the meeting at[moderngov.southwarksites.com] can use facilities at your local library or My Southwark Service Points to access the website.

Please note that although the report states my recommendation on the decision to be made, it is for the Committee to decide whether or not to accept it after they have considered all the material issues and factors to be taken into account in determining the application.This meeting is open to the public and you may attend if you wish. Details of the procedure that will be followed at the meeting are attached.Please contact the Committee Clerk on if you require any further information about the arrangements for the meeting, including the location of and accessibility to the venue, carers' allowance for people attending the meeting, or any special needs such as transport or a signer/interpreter.I will inform you of the 's decision once the decision has been issued.Yours sincerely Simon Bevan Director of Planning...

Posted by gerry September 27, 12:50PM

We will be there. It seems Southwark are ignoring right to light. Does anyone know if this is a requirement in planning applications?

Posted by Sally Eva September 28, 08:11AM

[www.gov.uk]

Looks as if it's a matter of private contract rather than planning law.

Seems to be something like squatting ie if you have received the light for long enough you are entitled to it. It is a civil matter (ie you have to go to court about it). Planning departments may take it into account or they may not.

[www.123plans.co.uk]

Further explanation

[www.pbctoday.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum