Forum Sponsors

www.mindovermatterboxing.co.uk
xxxx
Francis Stone – Independent Mortgage Brokers

www.inshutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messagemoving a street lamp?
Posted by wodey April 05, 11:35AM

Hi, has anyone had experience applying for street lamp to be moved for drop curb/ off street parking. Following the feasibility survey southwark council estimated cost of 4500 to move the lamp alone. Since I have emailed to query the cost they have stopped responding.

messageRe: moving a street lamp?
Posted by KidKruger April 05, 12:05PM

they're probably thinking you asked for an assessment of costs and you got it, but they're pushed for resource to start debating the figure now. They have to pay a contractor for the works I guess, which won't be cheap.
Basically is it worth the 4500 yes or no.

Posted by Sonners April 05, 09:56PM

Are Southwark saying 4,500 to move the streetlight on top of the 2k to provide the dropped kerb or including?

Posted by Elaine25 April 06, 08:50AM

Hi that does seem rather expensive. Did they provide you with a breakdown of those costs? If not I would ask for one.

Posted by tmc1 April 06, 01:17PM

I've had to get some moved in the past with other councils and that figure is about right

Posted by jamesmcash April 06, 10:10PM

Hi wodey

If you're a Goose Green resident and you think I can help at all then do drop me an email and I'll do what I can. If you're not in Goose Green then I've no doubt that the councillor in your ward will do the same. (Find out here: [moderngov.southwark.gov.uk]?)

Best wishes
James

--------------------
James McAsh - Labour Councillor for Goose Green ward
James.McAsh@Southwark.gov.uk
[twitter.com]

Surgeries: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at 7pm, East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum