Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation
xxxx
www.mindovermatterboxing.co.uk

www.clintonmckenzie.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageAttempted mugging Lordship Lane
Posted by lucyp23 May 01, 06:14PM

Hi all,
This afternoon, whilst riding my bike, just before 3pm at the junction of Lordship Lane and Crystal Palace road, I was the victim of an attempted mugging by two boys on bikes. After shouting at me to get off my bike, one of them came up beside me and attempted to steer me off the road. Thankfully the one shouting came off his bike and I managed to mount the kerb and get away. Not sure what would have happened if hed managed to stay on his bike. Please everyone be aware of your surroundings. Unsure as to why I was set on, maybe just opportunists.
Big thank you to the kind man at the bus stop who stayed with me whilst I called the police.
Stay safe,
Lucy

messageRe: Attempted mugging Lordship Lane
Posted by snoopy17 May 02, 02:31PM

Did they want yoyr bike

Posted by Maybaby May 02, 02:44PM

I'm sorry for what happened; I can imagine it was very frightening.

I suspect they did want your bicycle. There are more and more reports of this happening.

Do try not to think of what might have been: you are safe now. I hope you have enough emotional support and comfort at home.

I wish you well.

Posted by snoopy17 May 02, 11:08PM

attach a attack alarm on the handlebars, when someone tries to rob you pull the cord and it will sound a deafening alarm120db, they sell them on amazon and are keyring size.

Posted by binkylilyput May 03, 08:17AM

Jeez this is scary. Glad you weren't harmed

Posted by mrs.lotte May 03, 09:55AM

Please report this. There is a spate of muggings and I am not at all sure that police are doing enough, the more reports the more pressure to do so.

Posted by Maybaby May 03, 11:33AM

mrs.lotte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please report this. There is a spate of muggings
> and I am not at all sure that police are doing
> enough, the more reports the more pressure to do
> so.

She did, she wrote that in her post.

Posted by Otto2 May 03, 04:49PM

Thanks for posting - 3pm on Lordship Lane is really bold. Sending best wishes...

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum