Forum Sponsors

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageDunstans Road - new houses - unoccupied
Posted by muffins78 January 11, 02:47PM

Does anyone know anything about the new houses built on Dunstans Road, near forest hill road? They are built ages but it remains like a building site. Are they ever to go on the market?

messageRe: Dunstans Road - new houses - unoccupied
Posted by SpringTime January 11, 05:00PM

The guy that threw these up needs a good doctor, I think. Look like late 80s/early 90s builds of the worst kind. I'm unsure on the planning situation and guess anyone nearby would have said no way to the current "product." Perhaps he ran out of cash halfway through the build and that would have been when the market began cooling back in 2016. If I had the money I'd probably knock them down and start again! Shame really.

Posted by tiddles January 12, 08:51AM

Yes I agree about their design - I cannot see how they meet planning regs re outdoor space. I rather liked the old stable block that was there before.

Posted by jimbo1964 January 12, 04:41PM

They're horrible. Such a wasted opportunity to build something interesting in a great location.

Posted by KidKruger January 12, 05:18PM

“Interesting” doesn’t make profit !
I got the impression driving past the last couple of years that it was a builder’s side-project, which he was progressing with his team inbetween client work.
As per above I couldn’t see why there will be a delay otherwise.

Posted by kford January 13, 11:14AM

Terrible. And it looks like they didn't consider access on the left hand side, hence the odd, bluff wall on the roof.

Posted by B&G January 13, 01:14PM

I walk past those most days and I'm unable to fathom who in their right mind chooses doors like those. Hideous doesn't come close. And clearly they'll all need steps up to the front door, too, which they needn't have required.

Cheap and ugly.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum