We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

www.eastdulwichcarpetcleaning.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messagecpz line painting
Posted by macutd March 26, 10:39AM

Why has the council got three men not abiding by the 2 meter rule, painting white lines for the CPZ?
Surely this is not a critical job that needs to continue at this time!!

messageRe: critical cpz line painting !!
Posted by first mate March 26, 11:18AM

Pretty outrageous under the current circumstances. Does not reflect well.

Posted by monica March 26, 11:52AM

We did ask for a postponement. Southwark council just cannot hep themselves, greedy to the core.

Posted by FineWhine March 26, 12:22PM

Obviously a utter disgrace...

Posted by Harry March 26, 12:52PM

Would be great to get a photo of this and send it to the leader of the council. I wonder if he's aware.

Posted by Zig-Zag March 26, 02:13PM

Harry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would be great to get a photo of this and send it
> to the leader of the council. I wonder if he's
> aware.

Good idea!

Posted by Pugwash March 26, 02:20PM

I would send it to the national Press and other media

Posted by DulwichFox March 26, 02:42PM

Probably all part of Mayor Sadiq Khan's Priority Schedule..

Posted by Peckhampam March 26, 03:13PM

I really do not understand the bash the council brigade. Iím not talking about the rights or wrongs of implementing the CPZ, Iím talking about comments like the council is greedy and canít help themselves. Where do you think the money is going ? It doesnít go into councillors pockets but into public services which Southwark provides better than many.

Posted by Penguin68 March 26, 03:20PM

That would be, stop housebuilding as not necessary at this time, but keep on punishing car owners. And lucky man has got off the election hook for a year. Rejoice!

Posted by kford March 27, 09:01AM

Peckhampam Wrote:
> I really do not understand the bash the council
> brigade. Iím not talking about the rights or
> wrongs of implementing the CPZ, Iím talking about
> comments like the council is greedy and canít help
> themselves. Where do you think the money is going
> ? It doesnít go into councillors pockets but into
> public services which Southwark provides better
> than many.

A massive chunk of it goes to APCOA (Airport Parking Company of America), who deal with fees/fines etc

Posted by James Barber March 27, 02:32PM

Southwark council is the only council in the country, and legal advice given in the lords suggests illegally, to make redundancy payments to Councillors holding Special Responsibilities when they choose to stand down from those positions or lose at an election.

So broadly you're correct. But Southwark is extraordinarily uniquely generous to some Councillors.

Peckhampam Wrote:
> I really do not understand the bash the council
> brigade. Iím not talking about the rights or
> wrongs of implementing the CPZ, Iím talking about
> comments like the council is greedy and canít help
> themselves. Where do you think the money is going
> ? It doesnít go into councillors pockets but into
> public services which Southwark provides better
> than many.

--------------------
Regards jamesvbarber@gmail.com
former Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich Ward (2006-2018)
[www.jamesbarber.org.uk]
[twitter.com]

messageRe: critical cpz line painting !!attachment
Posted by crozza March 27, 06:12PM

Looks like everyone in the effected area needs to move there cars on Monday. Utterly crazy. Not helping the isolation and must affect 100s of vehicles. Surely this can be stopped.

Great to see the parking police out in force too. Surely thatís not essential??

Attachments: BECED759-74EA-41D7-9784-31AC3CDAB823.jpeg (548.9KB)  
Posted by Rockets March 27, 06:42PM

This is utter madness - they must pause it surely...

Posted by srisky March 27, 09:27PM

Tweet it with photos, if poss - flouting central government rules and risking their workers' lives

Posted by dbboy March 27, 10:35PM

Not just workers lives but those of the police and car drivers plus wherever cars are moved too. This needs to stop in the current circumstances - but it won't.

Posted by PippaD March 27, 10:54PM

Myself and friends have contacted the council, and Southwark news,
Southwark news not responded to either tweets or mail but Southwark parking have stated that as from Monday the new CPZ will be in full effect,
Even after it was pointed out that people are struggling to pay basic bills, but they don't care!

Posted by Ontherun March 28, 09:42PM

The controlled zone is not starting on Monday, they are preparing the roads. I don't think it comes into force until 22nd May '20.
I've been amazed to see Southwark employees putting up signs and marking roads in preparation for this when we're in the midst of a pandemic but I guess some life/works are continuing as normal.

Posted by Zig-Zag March 29, 12:45AM

...and Southwark still top or near top for prevalence of the virus in London boroughs. Pretty disgraceful

Posted by monica March 29, 09:00AM

Hi we received the following email from Councillor Livingstone on Friday.

Dear Ms xxxxxx

Further to my previous email, I am writing to update you regarding the East Dulwich controlled parking zone..

In light of the current COVID-19 government advice, we have temporarily suspended the introduction of the East Dulwich CPZ until the current working restrictions are lessened. As I am sure you can appreciate, it is not possible to provide accurate timescales on when works will recommence but we will look to update all interested parties through the relevant page on the council website as soon as possible, which can be found at the following weblink:

[www.southwark.gov.uk]

Best wishes

Councillor Richard Livingstone
Labour councillor for Old Kent Road ward
Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and the Climate Emergency

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was march 29, 09:01am by monica.

Posted by macutd March 29, 09:27AM

Wow! does that mean the no parking signs in Trossachs Rd so that they can finish the bits that they missed will be taken down?

Posted by MarkT March 29, 09:55AM

"The controlled zone is not starting on Monday, they are preparing the roads. I don't think it comes into force until 22nd May '20."

Ontherun, are they painting double yellow lines? Those would come into force 24/7 as soon as they are painted.

Posted by Ontherun March 29, 05:52PM

No, no change to yellow lines. They've just added white line markings and put up the CPZ signs which were then immediately covered with bin liners.

Posted by alice March 29, 05:54PM

Thankyou Monica

Posted by micromacromonkey March 29, 06:12PM

FFS I finally got the website to accept my details and paid for the year's permit, only to find it wasn't necessary (just yet). I wonder if we'll get the unused days refunded/added on aat the end? Unlikely I guess as all parking companies are simply the worst kind of arseholes.

Posted by mlteenie March 30, 08:35AM

Ontherun Wrote:
> No, no change to yellow lines. They've just added
> white line markings and put up the CPZ signs which
> were then immediately covered with bin liners.
There is a bunch of new double yellows on Hillsboro, at least.

Posted by Abe_froeman March 31, 03:53PM

Absolute jokers

messageRe: cpz line painting
Posted by AylwardS March 31, 05:58PM

Please note there are two CPZs in East Dulwich but the Council names for the zones doesnít make that totally clear - one that started on 30 March and another proposed for later in the year. The Peckham West one (Oglander Road etc) started on 30 March and warning notices will be issued for an extended period. This is on the Councilís page on Coronavirus [www.southwark.gov.uk]

The CPZ that has been put on hold (Monicaís post including the email from Councillor Livingstone) is the one for Lordship Lane.

Enforcement is reduced and looking at what the Council say if you park sensibly you shouldnít get a penalty. If you park on double yellow lines, in disabled bays or on the footway you can expect a penalty. Rightly in my opinion. Restrictions have been reduced for key workers but not these. I can see they either affect traffic flow - vehicle or those with buggies or there may be blue badge holders who are not shielding or on the vulnerable list who need the disabled bays.

NB the enforcement officers might not be issuing parking tickets. If they are on duty they have to wear their uniform. The Council can redeploy them for example to make sure the 2 metre social distancing is observed in queues. Please think before you have a go at them - they are working with all the contact with the public that entails and donít have the option to work from home.

messageRe: cpz line painting
Posted by macutd April 01, 10:00AM

Why does the admin feel it's fine to change the title of this post without stating that it has been done?
It's a bit big Brotherly. Just say if you're doing it.

macutd Wrote:
> Why has the council got three men not abiding by
> the 2 meter rule, painting white lines for the
> CPZ?
> Surely this is not a critical job that needs to
> continue at this time!!

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum