Bullingdon club picture banned

R&A

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Are you and your mates still part of a network

> where you bung each other jobs and collude, using

> each of your specific spheres of influence, to

> further the security and interests of your tribe?

Well actually yes to that question in my case!

SteveT Wrote:

> Don't get all quivery legalbeagle we all know you

> are a 'sweet cakes', Jah is just teasing, not

> taunting you.

>

Oh I do hope so. I'm rather in awe of Jah's technical piccy fiddling abilities too. I can't even take a photo on my phone without *rsing it up!

So they have banned it and drawn more attention to it as a result! Well, I reckon we can expect more 'news' like this before May arrives from all sides of the political spectrum.

And I am by no means a fan of Cameron, Osbourne et al..but aren't there more Etonians/public school-educated politicians in the current Cabinet/Labour party than the Conservatives(?) :-S

(Edited: to mean public school, as in privately-educated).

Santerme Wrote:

> Brendan Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Are you and your mates still part of a network

> > where you bung each other jobs and collude,

> using

> > each of your specific spheres of influence, to

> > further the security and interests of your

> tribe?

>

>

> Well actually yes to that question in my case!

Yeah I know. I work with a few of you. And while the nepotism can sometimes be irksome at least military old boys networks 1) unusually contain individuals who actually see themselves as part of society and not a set apart ruling class and 2) They normally don?t have the intention or power to manipulate the work and money I invest in the country that I live in to their own personal gain.

Hmmm, the earliest online reference I can find is 2003 from a chap who had the temerity to use it to describe his own aphorisms. Pride before a fall eh?

Since this fair forum started only October 06 it seems that claim too just eludes me.

I just made up a word, 'spunt', but some other blighter's already copyrighted that too. Cockbonnet? No, that's gone too...