FOUND!!! 'Polly' - our medium hair tabby cat (Friern / Upland Road area)

davidq100

Excited and relieved to say there's been a happy outcome! Polly just reappeared after 2 long days and nights away.

It appears that she had got caught in a 'Mouse Glue Trap' which looks like some kind of strong adhesive mouse catcher. Pix attached.

She'd somehow managed to tear herself loose with half of the trap still attached to her bushy tail. God knows where the trap was and I dread to think about what would have happened had she not been able to get free.

I've never seen these kind of traps. If you are using them, please know that while it's presumably effective at catching rodents, there's clearly a risk of snaring other animals too.

We are just thrilled to have her home safely and I hope that all those with missing pets have similar fortune.

>>>>

Hello - Our lovely cat Polly (sister of Pippin) has disappeared.

We live on the top part of Friern Road a few houses along from Goodrich Road, our garden backs on to the gardens of houses on Upland Road (near Mother Goose nursery).

I've attached a picture. She's a moggie: brown, black and a bit of white. Medium to long hair with a quite bushy tail. She's micro chipped and has a silver collar with a pink heart tag wih her name and phone number on it.

If anyone has happens to have seen her in the past 36 hours please reply or send me a private message.

Fingers and paws crossed!

Thank you so much! Yes she's gorgeous. She and her brother like to roam the gardens between Friern and Upland but she's never not come back for so long. Might be stuck somewhere. Hopefully she's ok and will show up. Will have to get posters up :-(

Thank goodness for that... Brilliant news she's managed to get herself home:)

I hate these Traps... If you ever go inside most pound shops, there is a whole section of mouse clue traps and other nasty looking types of traps and sprays stacked all over the shelves on sale for anyone to buy. It shouldn't be made so easily to get hold of and I strongly believe this should be illegal and left in the hands for professional use only.

so pleased she's home, thanks for letting us know :)